Windows 10: Shut down problems Window 10

Discus and support Shut down problems Window 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Coincidently I began having issues after the last windows update. I started having problems shutting down my laptop. It would seem to shut down but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jessallie, Jun 21, 2017.

1. jessallie Win User

Shut down problems Window 10

Coincidently I began having issues after the last windows update. I started having problems shutting down my laptop. It would seem to shut down but the power would not go off--as if it were in the sleep mode. I would have to push the power down button. No error message would occur upon startup. I did a work around by setting the power options by unchecking the fast start up and that seemed to help somewhat, however, now I am getting this message upon close CSPThreadtask window is running do I want to close anyway? I can't find out what this is. I have been unable to get help from Microsoft and nothing comes up doing a search for this program or file or whatever it is. This does not happen every single time., but enough to be very frustrating. My task manager is full of stuff running in the background so I can't identify it from there. Please help. I've run virus scans, adw cleaner, disk clean up and defrag, sfc /scannow, ran the Lenovo system check, etc.

:)

jessallie, Jun 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 won't shut down or sleep

Fix your problem here - windows 10 won't shut down

akashkanaujiya, Jun 21, 2017
  3. Unable to shutdown the PC installed with Windows 10

Old title: shut down problem with windows 10

I upgrade to windows 10, all seems to work fine including shut down, but suddenly I can't shut down. When I try to click on the windows symbol in the left bottom corner , nothing happens. I can only shut down by switching the lab top off.

Walter 475, Jun 21, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to Tenforums *Smile

In the system tray you have a collection of several small icons that are for the various programs running in the background. See below for an example from my system.

Shut down problems Window 10 [​IMG]

Try right clicking on your icons and see if you can exit or quit them. If you do this one by one and for each one test whether it removes the shutdown message you may eventually find the culprit. As a quick test exit them all and hopefully it will confirm that one of them is the culprit. Of course there are many other programs running that won't show up there but it is a good place to start.

philc43, Jun 21, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I've had this problem on and off with my Lenovo Desktop K450 ever since Win 10 first beta. Sometimes it will do a complete shutdown including turning off all power so the light on the power button goes out and sometimes everything shuts down except the light on the power button.

Pressing and holding the power button until it turns off never cause a problem and the system boots fine the next time I turn it on. I've tried this from Safe Mode and it still happens. I've given up trying to fix it and just live with it.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Shut down problems Window 10 - Similar Threads - Shut down problems

2. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  3. shut down problem

shut down problem: after installing wndows 10 on dell ,my laptop goes shut down when i touch down side of laptop but when itis in charging mode it doesn't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problem/a35083af-1553-47ea-bd39-c4701aa9fb3a
  4. Shut Down Problem

Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...
  5. windows shut down problem

windows shut down problem: When I shut down the windows 10, it re-boots itself. why and how to repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shut-down-problem/1b9c754d-59aa-43ff-9749-c841d8efdb11
  6. Windows 10 - Shut down problems

Windows 10 - Shut down problems: Just checking if this is a common problem and if so, how to fix it. Running Windows 10 (64 bit) on HP Pavilion 580-091a (Intel Core i7 8700, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard disc, NVIDIA GeForce 1060 graphics card) In the last week or so I have experienced several occasions when Windows...
  7. Problem with shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with shutting down: My ancient computer doesn’t want to shut itself down completely. I’ve had it for many years and it worked without any problems but currently it revealed this issue. When I try to shut it down, it closes the programms but never shuts off. So I have to press power button for a...
  8. Shut down problems Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down problems Windows 10: I am using windows 10 on my HP laptop. I am having a couple issues with this. The first and most important issue is when I shut down my computer to turn it off, the PC seems to do all things properly shutting down but after the process is done and my PC screen is black, my...
  9. windows 10 problem in shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 problem in shutting down: Hi. I am using windows 10 and my laptop name is dell inspiron 15 3000 series 3542 and 4GB RAM and 1TB HARD DISK.My laptop is not shutting down properly.It doesn't shut down and CD rom is still working and fan is also working and is getting heat. main thing is my laptop is...
  10. Windows 10 shut down problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shut down problem: Upgraded desk top (self-build) from Windows 7 HP 64 bit to Windows 10 Home 64 bit using the Windows Update method. All went well exceptthat when I press Start button > Power > Shut down the pc shuts down andthen immediately it restarts again as if I had pressed on Restart...