Windows 10: Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows

Discus and support Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC shows a blank screen instead of the desired message when shutting down, restarting, logging out, signing in and even in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VeronMallikaratne, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows

My PC shows a blank screen instead of the desired message when shutting down, restarting, logging out, signing in and even in the Windows-Welcome-After-Update experience. I am not sure whether this is a display issue but this has only appeared after a recent update from BUILD 20195 to BUILD 20206 I find this very troublesome as I do not know whether my PC is responding. If anyone knows why or how to fix it please tell me!

PC specs:

HP ProBook 640 G1

BIOS version 2.1 14/2/2020

BIOS Type: UEFI with CSM

WIndows 10 version 2004 BUILD 20206

IntelR CoreTM i5-4330M CPU @ 2.80GHz

12GB RAM DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4600

WDC WD5000LPX-75ZNTTO HDD

:)

VeronMallikaratne, Sep 12, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows :confused:*Mad Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows

Windows restarting automatically after shut down

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your PC is restarting automatically after shut down
    are due to broken components on the boot configuration data of your system.
    To isolate the issue, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    SafeMode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting into safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Vanessa Oca, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows

1. Shut down, Restart and other related screens not appearing in Windows - Similar Threads - Shut down Restart

2. Automatically - SLide to shut down appears on my screen and shuts down the laptop - please...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically - SLide to shut down appears on my screen and shuts down the laptop - please...: Hi,Automatically Slide to shut down appears - I dont even touch the computer and it shuts down. Please HelpRegardsMegha Chowdhary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-slide-to-shut-down-appears-on-my/c8a60b53-178f-4111-b74f-71e2756f7586
  3. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  4. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  5. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  6. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  7. Strange Screen appearance while Shut Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Screen appearance while Shut Down: Hello,While shutting down my computer today a screen appeared. It had something witten like I can't share the screenshot as it was during Shut Down::Your Computer encoutered a problemNext there was a progress bar, which looked like a Windows Update Progess Bar So, I feel that...
  8. How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop automatic restarts or shut downs related to Windows Update: Is there a way to stop Windows from randomly restarting or shutting down to finish updates? I have several PCs that I need running constantly without shutting down or restarting and the Windows Update keeps doing that Thanks 180016
  9. Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restarting / Shutting Down screen no longer being displayed when restarting or shutting...: Earlier today I went to restart my desktop and it had an Update then Restart option so there seemed to be an outstanding update to be installed. When the computer started its shutdown process I noticed that I didn't get the installing updates screen. Now when I restart or...
  10. grey screen when restarting or shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    grey screen when restarting or shutting down: I noticed after I downloaded the most recent updates and I disabled the Windows background on the sign-in screen I now have a dull grey screen when shutting down or restarting does anyone else have this? When it says restarting or shutting down or when I'm signing in the...