Windows 10: Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button

Discus and support Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello While clicking on Windows 10 power button shut down, restart and sleep options are not appearing but if i click somewhere around the region the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sumit Mondal, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button

Hello

While clicking on Windows 10 power button shut down, restart and sleep options are not appearing but if i click somewhere around the region the pc gets shutdown or restart. Please look into the matter and suggest me the needful so that the buttons are visible.

Thanks and regards

:)

Sumit Mondal, Oct 4, 2020

2. How to setup power button to sleep instead of shut down in Windows 10?

To change what the power button does, follow these steps:

1. Go to settings
    2. Go to System > Power & Sleep
    3. Click additional power settings
    4. Click choose what the power button does
    5. Change the settings to suit your needs

RookieTEC9, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button

Power Button Doesn't Give Me Options

I have Windows 10 and a desktop computer. I click on the start button. Then on the power button to shut down the computer. When I click the power button nothing shows. It used to show Shut Down, Sleep, and Restart. Any suggestions on how to get this working
    again?

AudraVandenBroek, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button

1. Shut down, restart and sleep button not appearing after clicking on power button - Similar Threads - Shut down restart

2. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also<Changed to a question>...
  3. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  4. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  5. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Power Button keep shutting down PC

Power Button keep shutting down PC: It is already set as Do nothing in the Power and sleep button settings, but whenever I accidentally or intentionally try to press the power button, the PC force close all windows and program and then turn to blue shutdown screen and shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64...
  7. Power then Shut down Buttons

Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  8. Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button: Hey so, about a month ago, I bought brand components for my PC build, and I noticed an issue witch is really bugging me, after clicking the power button my PC will shut down sometimes, but most of the times it wont, so I got to shut it down in the windows menu, and solutions...
  9. Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Off button vs. Shut Down button on screen.: Is there any problems using the 'power-button' on the tower vs. using the 'Shut Down' button on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off-button-vs-shut-down-button-on-screen/b9c98a3c-b0d5-4436-8acd-39788bab7209
  10. Sleep button shuts down my computer

Sleep button shuts down my computer: Hi, I have recently started encountering a problem whereby my laptop shuts down when I put it to sleep, meaning that files close without saving and I have to start using autorecover and browser closes too. I have checked my power options and no issues there. I am wondering...