Windows 10: shut down screen

Discus and support shut down screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When my computer shuts down a screen sometimes appears either with some form of error message or that an app has not closed. The screen closes so fast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TedBettker, Dec 17, 2019.

1. shut down screen

When my computer shuts down a screen sometimes appears either with some form of error message or that an app has not closed. The screen closes so fast I am not able to completely read the message. I tried, but I can't find a way to stop or pause the screen to be able to read the message. Help!

:)

TedBettker, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, Dec 17, 2019
  4. shut down screen

Screen shut down at different intervals

Thank you Ron; but that is the first thing I did when I installed the operating system. That was the fist thing I did on any operating system I installed. Even though, I did it again just to make sure; no luck. Besides, the screen "shuts off" at different
    times. I believe it a Malware program. Any suggestions?

I appreciate your help,

David

David J. Spinelli, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

shut down screen

1. shut down screen - Similar Threads - shut down screen

2. Blue screen shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen shutting down: For the past several weeks I will sometimes get a blue screen that states my "device has run into a problem and need to restart". It then collects data but shuts down when finished. It is not a clean shut down It also displays the message "PNP has detected a fatal error". Any...
  3. Blue screen shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen shutting down: For the past several weeks I will sometimes get a blue screen that states my "device has run into a problem and need to restart". It then collects data but shuts down when finished. It is not a clean shut down It also displays the message "PNP has detected a fatal error". Any...
  4. Blue screen shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Stuck at shutting down screen

Stuck at shutting down screen: my laptop is stuck on shutting down screen and keyboard is not working what should i do?plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-shutting-down-screen/89b0b937-1d81-44ca-b98f-3607b1756228
  6. Stuck at shut down screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at shut down screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Furthestsauce50 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlq7vn/stuck_at_shut_down_screen/
  7. Windows 10 randomly shows "shutting down" screen and then shuts down

Windows 10 randomly shows "shutting down" screen and then shuts down: Ive been facing this problem for a few weeks now. I will be working, the screen that says shutting down pops up for about half a minute and the laptop shuts down. Afterwards, it will sometimes give me an issue turning back on. I have a new battery on my laptop. Its not...
  8. Windows 10 randomly shows shutting down screen and shuts down.

Windows 10 randomly shows shutting down screen and shuts down.: I'm facing this problem for 3 days now, the laptop just shutdown at any interval, it may be after long time or just after I turned on the computer, yes I've seen there is no overheating, my Temps don't go above 70. Thankyou,...
  9. Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not shut down, stuck in "shutting down" loading screen: I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer...
  10. shutting down and cleaning screen

in Windows 10 Support
    shutting down and cleaning screen: When I shutdown my asus laptop should I also unplug the battery cord. Also, what is the best thing to clean my computer screen? I know they are stupid questions, but I really don't know much about computers, going on 72 and fairly new at it. Thanks for any help. 68574

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to shut down screen