Windows 10: SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME

Discus and support SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HELLO THERE I HAVE DELL XPS 15 9570. IT USED TO SHUT DOWN INSTANTLY I MEAN THE SCREEN USED TO TURN OFF INSTANTLY BUT NOW IT IS TAKING 10-15 SECONDS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KunalR77, Dec 12, 2019.

1. KunalR77 Win User

SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME

HELLO THERE

I HAVE DELL XPS 15 9570. IT USED TO SHUT DOWN INSTANTLY I MEAN THE SCREEN USED TO TURN OFF INSTANTLY BUT NOW IT IS TAKING 10-15 SECONDS TO TURNOFF.

WHEN I ENABLE VERBOSESTATUS TO KNOW WHAT IS HAMPERING THE PC

I GOT THESE MESSAGES:

PLEASE WAIT FOR PROSVC

SHUTTING DOWN SERVICE:GROUP POLICY EDITOR

SHUTTING DOWN SERVICE INTEL DYNAMIC PLATFORM AND THERMAL FRAMEWORK SERVICE

THEN IT SHUTS DOWN...

PLEASE HELLPPP.???

:)

KunalR77, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Shutting down Issue with Windows 10 fall creators update. Takes longer one way, than another.

Hi Tim,

Issues with your Power settings can affect your system's performance, including the time your computer takes to shut down. We suggest
    running the Power troubleshooter to find and fix issues with your Power settings. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshoot on the Cortana search box and
      click on the first option.
    • Scroll down on the list and select Power.
    • Click on the Run troubleshooter button.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 12, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME

1. SHUT DOWN TAKING TIME - Similar Threads - SHUT DOWN TAKING

2. Windows 11 takes a long time to shut down and reboot/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 takes a long time to shut down and reboot/restart: Hi, So my pc has been behaving very weird lately. I was on my pc yesterday and went ahead to open NVIDIA Control Panel. It didn't open even after numerous tries. So I decided to restart my pc if it fixes the issue. Well, it took forever in the restart process, so I force shut...
  3. Windows 11 takes a long time to shut down and reboot/restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 takes a long time to shut down and reboot/restart: Hi, So my pc has been behaving very weird lately. I was on my pc yesterday and went ahead to open NVIDIA Control Panel. It didn't open even after numerous tries. So I decided to restart my pc if it fixes the issue. Well, it took forever in the restart process, so I force shut...
  4. PC takes too long to shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC takes too long to shut down: Just pressed the shutdown button and took 5 entire minutes to my PC to shut down. When i turn it on, it takes 17s to boot up. Is there any solution to improve shutdown time? submitted by /u/minilio [link] [comments]...
  5. windows 10s take long to shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10s take long to shut down: my computer is dual booted to windows 7and win 10 i innstall windows 10 on my divice but the windows 10 takes a long times to stop the exhaust fan but windows 7 has no problem it can shut down very fastly...
  6. windows 10 take long time to shut down, restart and sleep

windows 10 take long time to shut down, restart and sleep: my laptop is hp EliteBook 8460p I just got a new ssd and installed windows 10 pro version 2004 when I shut down or restart or sleep the laptop the screen is turn off normally but still power on about 5 minutes or more after that...
  7. Windows takes 10minutes to shut down or reboot

Windows takes 10minutes to shut down or reboot: I've been tearing my hair out over this one and it has me stumped. Ever since the APril update my PC takes 10minutes to either reboot or shut down. In the event log I get this event. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon Date:...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop taking long time to shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Laptop taking long time to shut down or restart: Hi. I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10. I make sure to keep with Windows updates. I run Trend Micro virus protection. I do disk cleanup regularly and have disk defrag set to go regularly. Laptop is less than one year old and has recently begun taking a very long time to...
  9. Computer takes forever to fully shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer takes forever to fully shut down.: My computer has been taking around ~5-10+ minutes to fully shut down. It starts to shut down normally when I press shut down in the start menu,shutting down screen, screen turns off and everything... but, everything is still on (lights, fans, hdd). I've had this problem for...
  10. Computer takes forever to shut down.

Computer takes forever to shut down.: My computer is a Lenovo Y400 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home Intel Core i7 Nvidia Geforce GT It has been exactly 2 weeks since I upgraded to Windows 10 but one thing I noticed about my computer ever since the update is that it has a very long shut down time. Just yesterday, I...