Windows 10: Shut down to update led a restart prompt followed by a update error

Discus and support Shut down to update led a restart prompt followed by a update error in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I went to go shutdown and update so windows can update when I did it led to a restarting screen followed by a windows error (I couldn’t see what it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/godandtitans, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Shut down to update led a restart prompt followed by a update error

I went to go shutdown and update so windows can update when I did it led to a restarting screen followed by a windows error (I couldn’t see what it says) before shutting down my pc completely so I boot it up and after awhile It boots and I try to update once more where I met a similar problem but this time I was met with a black screen then shut down I’m new to pc in general so this more a cry for help than anything else

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/godandtitans
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/godandtitans, Nov 13, 2020

2. error following an update

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

The error code suggests the issue to be of Windows Updates. I suggest you to
    Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.
    If the issue still persists, then let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 13, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Shut down to update led a restart prompt followed by a update error

update and shut down OR update and restart

Hi,

Normally, if you downloaded something on your device like: Software updates or installing updates, the system will prompt you to restart your device for the downloaded file to take effect. That's where the "update and shutdown" and "update and restart" takes
    place. Please follow these steps on how to update and restart your device in a standard way:

• Open the Settings menu and go to Update & security >
      Windows Update.
    • Click "Check for updates" to prompt your PC to scan for the latest updates.
    • The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
    • Click Restart Now to restart your PC and complete the installation process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Shut down to update led a restart prompt followed by a update error

1. Shut down to update led a restart prompt followed by a update error - Similar Threads - Shut down update

2. Can’t update, restart, shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t update, restart, shut down.: Hello.Windows Update in Settings keeps loading only shows the loading circle and after a few minutes it shows a text : “Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.When i try to restart by choosing update and restart or restart it just get stuck at Restarting with...
  3. Can’t update, restart, shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t update, restart, shut down.: Hello.Windows Update in Settings keeps loading only shows the loading circle and after a few minutes it shows a text : “Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later.When i try to restart by choosing update and restart or restart it just get stuck at Restarting with...
  4. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  5. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update: Microsoft what the f are you doing when I click "SHUT DOWN and update" I freakin want my pc to turn off not to restart wait a few seconds type my password and wait again, click shut down, then wait AGAIN another 2~3 minutes to turn off and then to see its off. And the f-in...
  6. Windows restarts on SHUT DOWN and update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update: I installed the most recent cumulative update for Windows 10 on my laptop. It did not install properly, and since then when I try to Shut Down I receive a constant “Shutting down…” message. Even after the computer has been shutting down overnight. Finally, I pressed the power...
  8. Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update

Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update: I installed the most recent cumulative update for Windows 10 on my laptop. It did not install properly, and since then when I try to Shut Down I receive a constant “Shutting down…” message. Even after the computer has been shutting down overnight. Finally, I pressed the power...
  9. Constant “Shutting down…” and/or “Restarting…” following Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Update and Shut down / Update and Restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shut down / Update and Restart: Sometimes after installing maintenance and performing a Restart, the Power options say (Update and Shut down" and "Update and Restart". Windows does not have another Restart scheduled at that point, but the few times I've seen that I decided I'd better do a restart just in...