Windows 10: Shut down while in standby?

Discus and support Shut down while in standby? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CraigBottomley, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Shut down while in standby?

Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really loud!!! I know how to sort it but need to restart or turn it off...

:)

CraigBottomley, Jul 2, 2021

2. Standby shuts computer down

I either used the START>WINDOWS PANEL>STANDBY or more frequently clicking my desktop icon for Standby which is a function of using :-

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

With the desktop icon, if Hibernate is enabled, it Hibernates. If Hibernate is not enabled, it goes to Standby. This still works OK with Hibernate enabled, but with Hibernate not enabled instead of going to Standby, it shuts down the computer.

Start>Windows Panel>Standby also shuts down the computer.

Bald Eagle, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Standby shuts computer down

Hello Norton,

It is set at Standby, always has been and I do not have a Standby switch back time limit, it is set to "Never"

That earlier thread (around 2007) was a long one involving so many complex suggestions I thought that the entire computer had been regenerated from new. You know how the OP solved it after turning it inside out ? He fiddled about with Ad-Aware. Don`t know exactly what he did, but Standby worked OK after this surgery. I do not have Ad-Aware.

Bald Eagle, Jul 2, 2021
  4. niko084 Win User

Shut down while in standby?

My computer shuts down instead of going into standby...

Ok, I let my computer go into standby after 30 minutes.... Well instead of just going into standby it just says no thanks I'll shut down... Getting very annoying and I can't figure out for the life of me why it wont just go into standby..

Oh, its not just power loss either, I left my speakers on last night and it made the wonderful windows shut down tones.

niko084, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Shut down while in standby?

1. Shut down while in standby? - Similar Threads - Shut down while

2. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  3. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  4. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  5. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  6. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Wifi and bluetooth are shut down after standby mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi and bluetooth are shut down after standby mode: Dear community, When I put my Asus UX310UQ in standby mode for more than 10 minutes, the wifi and bluetooth are shut down. All drivers are up to date. For the wifi, I unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device..." But nothing works. (Windows 10 Pro 1809) Thanks...
  8. Laptop shutting down when put into standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shutting down when put into standby: Hey guys, hope you're having a nice day.... I'm having a weird problem with my HP Elitebook 8560w where it will shut down after either closing the lid or pressing the power button. In power options I have it set so that when these actions are performed, the laptop goes into...
  9. BSOD while shutting down...?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while shutting down...?: hey..I was shutting down my pc, when suddenly a Blue Screen Of Death appears after the "Shutting Down" screen...resource_not_owned please help 40742
  10. SSD: Standby vs. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD: Standby vs. Shut Down: I have a desktop with C: as an SSD . . . It's totally quiet, which is great. I see an obvious reason to "Shutdown" a spindle drive (the sound stops), but how important is that with an SSD? Would you say that you should just do a Restart once per week, but Standby is...