Windows 10: Shut Down Windows screen defaulting to Switch User Windows 10

Discus and support Shut Down Windows screen defaulting to Switch User Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't know what happened at all. Just one night last weekend I said shut down, went to bed. When I woke up the next day, laptop is sitting there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JasonDudka, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Shut Down Windows screen defaulting to Switch User Windows 10

I don't know what happened at all. Just one night last weekend I said shut down, went to bed. When I woke up the next day, laptop is sitting there running. I press alt+F4 on the desktop and the window pops up and it is now defaulting to Switch User instead of Shut Down. I'm on Windows 10. Did some update mess with something?

:)

JasonDudka, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Shut Down Windows screen defaulting to Switch User Windows 10

Can't sign out or switch users in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

If you are willing to switch between user try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Alt+F4.
    • This will open shut down window.
    • Click the down arrow key and select Switch user from the list.
    • Hit OK and it will show you other user account present on the PC.

Shut Down Windows screen defaulting to Switch User Windows 10 choose-switch-user-and-tap-ok.png

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

Shut Down Windows screen defaulting to Switch User Windows 10

1. Shut Down Windows screen defaulting to Switch User Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Shut Down screen

2. Alt F4 defaulting to "switch user" instead of "shut down" after 22H2 Home update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt F4 defaulting to "switch user" instead of "shut down" after 22H2 Home update: I already did the registry tweak and set "Start_PowerButtonAction" to "2" and I STILL get "switch user" defaulting whenever I hit Alt F4. I need a fix for this, and if you tell me to refresh or wipe my computer, you can go **** yourself....
  3. Alt F4 defaulting to "switch user" instead of "shut down" after 22H2 Home update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt F4 defaulting to "switch user" instead of "shut down" after 22H2 Home update: I already did the registry tweak and set "Start_PowerButtonAction" to "2" and I STILL get "switch user" defaulting whenever I hit Alt F4. I need a fix for this, and if you tell me to refresh or wipe my computer, you can go **** yourself....
  4. Windows shut down Blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shut down Blue screen: while working on brave browsernand listening music on edge system suddenly shut down,I don't the reason but series of errors happenedHere are my specsLenovo Legion 5AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz8.00 GB ramWindows 10 HomeNvidia gpu geoforce gtx 1650 4gb...
  5. Windows shut down Blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shut down Blue screen: while working on brave browsernand listening music on edge system suddenly shut down,I don't the reason but series of errors happenedHere are my specsLenovo Legion 5AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics 3.00 GHz8.00 GB ramWindows 10 HomeNvidia gpu geoforce gtx 1650 4gb...
  6. Windows shut down Blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 randomly shows "shutting down" screen and then shuts down

Windows 10 randomly shows "shutting down" screen and then shuts down: Ive been facing this problem for a few weeks now. I will be working, the screen that says shutting down pops up for about half a minute and the laptop shuts down. Afterwards, it will sometimes give me an issue turning back on. I have a new battery on my laptop. Its not...
  8. How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?: Hello, I've added another user to my pc but I want my user to be on by default and show this screen anytime a logon is required (with the Switch User button): (not my picture) [ATTACH] Thanks, Harry...
  9. Windows 10 randomly shows shutting down screen and shuts down.

Windows 10 randomly shows shutting down screen and shuts down.: I'm facing this problem for 3 days now, the laptop just shutdown at any interval, it may be after long time or just after I turned on the computer, yes I've seen there is no overheating, my Temps don't go above 70. Thankyou,...
  10. Change Default Action of Shut Down Windows Dialog in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Action of Shut Down Windows Dialog in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Action of Shut Down Windows Dialog in Windows 10 How to Change Default Action of Shut Down Windows Dialog in Windows 10 The Shut Down Windows dialog is what you see when you press the Alt+F4 keys without any currently open windows selected....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to shut down on switch user screen

2. shut down windows default now is switch user

3. windows 10 shutdown default switch user

4. shut down windows defaults to switch user,
  5. shut down defaulting to switch user,
  6. when shutting down computer says switch user and not shut down ,
  7. i cannot shut down because of switch user,
  8. when i shut odown windows to it defaults to switch user,
  9. ALT F4 DEFAULT IS SWITCH USER instead of shut down,
  10. alt F4 shows switch user want default shut down,
  11. alt f4 defaults to switch user,