Windows 10: Shut down

Discus and support Shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why is there only 1 place to shut down??????????????? 33605 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enigma1944, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Shut down

Why is there only 1 place to shut down???????????????

:)

enigma1944, Dec 12, 2015
  2. 707606 Win User

PC wont shut down, using start menu > shut down.

My computer restarts if I shut down from the start menu.

If I shut it down from the sign out > shut down however, it shuts down properly and doesn't restart.

So my question is.

What's wrong with my start menu > shut down?

Is the the button itself?

It's funny how the sign out > shut down does it's job. But the start menu doesn't and just restarts my computer.

I've tried fixing it in many ways, I figured it was a power issue. I messed with my power and sleep and such options, even regedit and other areas.

Nothing helped.

I don't spot any errors or device problems. My updates are fine and I don't have any blue screens or anything. It's just the shut down command on the start menu that keeps restarting my computer.

What I've been doing is start menu > shut down. Once it restarts I go to the shut down in the sign in screen and it shuts down.

But I've just decided to not hurt my computer anymore and go to sign out> shut down since.

I'll repeat once more.

My computer wont shut down using start menu > shut down. It restarts.

My computer shuts down, if i use start menu > sign out > shut down. Then it shuts down properly and wont restart.

What's the problem?

707606, Dec 12, 2015
  3. Craigcam Win User
    Can't shut down my Dell Laptop (intel) with Shut Down button.

I fixed this on Windows 10 Pro 1709 in a new system by going into the BIOS and changing the Boot order.

I have all SSDs in my system but the boot SSD drive appeared twice with a Windows Boot manager as the first name.

So I changed the Windows boot manager located on my Boot drive to the second drive and the boot drive (the same drive I know this is confusing) as the first boot choice.

Don't ask me why this worked, but it did!

Onward!

Craigcam, Dec 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Shut down

Brink, Dec 12, 2015
  5. I Shut down by right click on the app in the left hand corner then scroll down to shut down or sign out
    Or you can choose power option or lid option

hTconeM9user, Dec 12, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    i like option 7,been using it since my early days of win8

caperjack, Dec 12, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Save Brink's tutorial. It will be an excellent source of reference.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Shut down

1. Shut down - Similar Threads - Shut down

2. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  3. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  4. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs: BSOD's have all different messages. Obviously, shutdowns have no message. Sometimes it stays running for half an hour, sometimes it makes it 12 hours. I've looked around these forums trying to figure out what to do and it seems like the answer is always to post a link to the...
  6. constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs

constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs: BSOD's have all different messages. Obviously, shutdowns have no message. Sometimes it stays running for half an hour, sometimes it makes it 12 hours. I've looked around these forums trying to figure out what to do and it seems like the answer is always to post a link to the...
  7. PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41: I have a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070. The PC shutdowns when I play small application games like Minecraft, battle bit, Roblox, indie games etc. etc. but when I play big games like call of duty, battlefield, triple AAA games the shutdown won't happen. thermal paste on the AIO cooler...
  8. PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41

PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41: I have a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070. The PC shutdowns when I play small application games like Minecraft, battle bit, Roblox, indie games etc. etc. but when I play big games like call of duty, battlefield, triple AAA games the shutdown won't happen. thermal paste on the AIO cooler...
  9. PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. How to stop shut down menu delaying?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop shut down menu delaying?: I have a habit of closing apps and shutting my laptop off with Alt + F4. I used to be able to access the shut down menu immediately after closing all apps just by using Alt + F4 continuously. But recently about 2 months now, after closing all apps with Alt + F4, I have to...