Windows 10: shut off

Discus and support shut off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my shut and restart icon is missing on my lapto cant shut computer down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cathyobanner, Jun 9, 2019.

1. shut off

my shut and restart icon is missing on my lapto cant shut computer down

:)

cathyobanner, Jun 9, 2019

2. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Jun 9, 2019
  4. shut off

Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

shut off

1. shut off - Similar Threads - shut off

2. Display shuts off too soon

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display shuts off too soon: I have set my display to shut off after one hour but it shuts off after only three minutes. Any advice? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-shuts-off-too-soon/7d6b4fa0-8221-4148-aa87-8906f65ddb35
  3. Desktop Windows 10 PC shuts off DVI display after I turn off the HDMI display.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Windows 10 PC shuts off DVI display after I turn off the HDMI display.: I have recently retired my old studio desktop pc and have started using it as a media pc. It is setup with a DVI computer monitor and HDMI TV display attached. When I shut down the HDMI TV display it shuts off the DVI display as well. Also the computer will no longer start up...
  4. USB DAC casuing internet to shut off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB DAC casuing internet to shut off: Hi, I'm going bit crazy. I only recently upgraded to W10 from W8.1. After installing, doing all updates, updating all drivers I still get the same issue after I use an external USB DAC for sound. It installs fine and when i play the first video I select online say Netflix,...
  5. how to shut off remember password on the browser version of outlook

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut off remember password on the browser version of outlook: Its like they make you leave you password: hence no privacy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-off-remember-password-on-the-browser/867f8ee5-e3e1-49de-ab08-a61b158e4a32"
  6. Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low: how do I turn on low battery notifications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-off-without-warning-when-battery-is/f6218490-47bd-45f3-bd1f-25982433623f
  7. Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...

Computer shuts down instead of going on sleep, and when it turns off by itself it's...: Does anyone know how to solve a problem I keep having on my laptop - every time I press sleep, it shuts down (meaning I lose everything I had open) and every time I leave it on for more than 10 minutes without use, it shuts down also - since I can't press the sleep button as...
  8. POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?: Hi, In the Power Settings, If I set the power to turn off in 1 hour, will it shut off even if I'm streaming a movie at the time? RAP Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bit). I upgraded my Win 8 machine to Win 10. Machine: Lenovo (i5) G500s Touch notebook (laptop)....
  9. How do I shut off aeroplane mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I shut off aeroplane mode: I have windows 10. microsoft have done update. airoplane mode is now flashing and blocking my internet access. Have attempted to turn of, Not possible as this is also flashing and does not allow movement of switch/button. Help...
  10. Clean Boot shut off MS Services by mistake Windows won't open

Clean Boot shut off MS Services by mistake Windows won't open: I had a simple problem with my computer, and the solution was to do a clean boot. After the clean boot process, I realize now that i turned off MS Services and now my computer won't get past the troubleshooting page. When i try to work through all the troubleshooting options,...