Windows 10: shut off

Discus and support shut off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my shut and restart icon is missing on my lapto cant shut computer down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cathyobanner, Jun 9, 2019.

1. shut off

my shut and restart icon is missing on my lapto cant shut computer down

:)

cathyobanner, Jun 9, 2019

2. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Jun 9, 2019
  4. shut off

Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

shut off

1. shut off - Similar Threads - shut off

2. PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode: This has gone on for almost a week. I was watching something on YouTube when my PC randomly shut off and restarted. Once I got onto the screen to sign in, I entered my PIN, and as it started signing me in, it does it all over again: shuts off, restarts. It kept doing this. I...
  3. PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will work fine in safe mode, but shuts off and restarts in normal mode: This has gone on for almost a week. I was watching something on YouTube when my PC randomly shut off and restarted. Once I got onto the screen to sign in, I entered my PIN, and as it started signing me in, it does it all over again: shuts off, restarts. It kept doing this. I...
  4. When i try to run valorant after my pc has been shut off the first time always get blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to run valorant after my pc has been shut off the first time always get blue...: Hey, So I recently built a new pc last month and I had no problem running valorant or certain games before. but recently I noticed after I shut of my pc for the night and start it the next day and run valorant, once i get into the game menu I get BSOD and the codes have...
  5. When i try to run valorant after my pc has been shut off the first time always get blue...

When i try to run valorant after my pc has been shut off the first time always get blue...: Hey, So I recently built a new pc last month and I had no problem running valorant or certain games before. but recently I noticed after I shut of my pc for the night and start it the next day and run valorant, once i get into the game menu I get BSOD and the codes have...
  6. My computer shut down after just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer shut down after just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off...: My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shut-down-after-just-a-few-minutes-at/e5274fd4-f541-49f1-94bb-cc5295c35854
  7. My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?: My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shut-down-just-a-few-minutes-at-rest/e5274fd4-f541-49f1-94bb-cc5295c35854
  8. My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?

My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?: My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-shut-down-just-a-few-minutes-at-rest/e5274fd4-f541-49f1-94bb-cc5295c35854
  9. My computer shut down just a few minutes at rest. How can I change the time off settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. HOW DO I SHUT OFF ANY AND ALL FORMS OF SIGNING IN ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I SHUT OFF ANY AND ALL FORMS OF SIGNING IN ?: I have absolutely no use for any form of "signing in" . It is a completely pointless process that does absolutelynothing but get in the way , slow me down and is an annoyance . Judging from other posts I am not alone .Yet I do not see microsoft doing anything about it ?Is it...