Windows 10: Shutdown after update

Discus and support Shutdown after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, After installing KB4517389 update which contains Intel drivers, my laptop (Dell Latitude E6220) shutdowns every 30 minutes. It happens too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NereidaB., Oct 18, 2019.

1. NereidaB. Win User

Shutdown after update

Hello,

After installing KB4517389 update which contains Intel drivers, my laptop (Dell Latitude E6220) shutdowns every 30 minutes.

It happens too when I enter the BIOS and leave it during 30 minutes.

The update has left my laptop unusable.

I reinstalled Windows, updated the BIOS and disabled fast start-up. Nothing has changed.

:)

NereidaB., Oct 18, 2019

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 18, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Shutdown after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Shutdown after update

little cat, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown after update

1. Shutdown after update - Similar Threads - Shutdown update

2. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing: my hp computer is stuck on loading screen after an update and shutdown i accidenty force shut it down because i forgot about the update moreover the update screen wasnt there so i didnt know it was updating what do i do it has been stuck on the loading sreen for the past hour...
  3. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing: my hp computer is stuck on loading screen after an update and shutdown i accidenty force shut it down because i forgot about the update moreover the update screen wasnt there so i didnt know it was updating what do i do it has been stuck on the loading sreen for the past hour...
  4. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I am getting windows update error 0x800705b4 and when I shutdown my laptop it gives blue...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I am getting windows update error 0x800705b4 and when I shutdown my laptop it gives blue...: I am getting windows update error 0x800705b4 it has been 6 months since last update also since last three days when I shutdown my laptop it gives blue screen error code driver power state failure when I click on update graphic or network adapter driver in device manager it...
  6. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  7. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  8. Why does the new security update from 1/23/2024 not let my computer shutdown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the new security update from 1/23/2024 not let my computer shutdown?: My Dell Inspiron 15 just installed the latest security update on 1/23/2024. It now will not shutdown. It will automatically restart, but in airplane mode. It has never done this before....
  9. Why does the new security update from 1/23/2024 not let my computer shutdown?

Why does the new security update from 1/23/2024 not let my computer shutdown?: My Dell Inspiron 15 just installed the latest security update on 1/23/2024. It now will not shutdown. It will automatically restart, but in airplane mode. It has never done this before....
  10. Windows will not fully shutdown, restart, or update on ASUS G14 GA401QM_GA401QM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not fully shutdown, restart, or update on ASUS G14 GA401QM_GA401QM: At this point I can not get to the computer at all. I tried a ton of things to get the computer up. On bootup I hit F12 to get to the WinRE boot screen tried the trouble shooters, command prompt, and even tried to reset the machine to get so I can get access to the computer...