Windows 10: Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

Discus and support Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I don't know what's happened but the shutdown and restart options are non existent. The only way I could shutdown was through PowerShell.I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sam.MH, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Sam.MH Win User

Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

I don't know what's happened but the shutdown and restart options are non existent. The only way I could shutdown was through PowerShell.I am using Windows 10 Home so I cannot do 'gpedit.msc' in Run. I tried Registry Edit and going into the policies, explorer tab but I do not have NoClose.

:)

Sam.MH, Feb 4, 2023
  2. erik9631 Win User

CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

Okay first of all.

It is DEFINITELY not a RAM problem. I have 16GB. The operating system is running in the background and is responding when I press CTRL + ALT + DEL, cause you can see the circle next to the cursor. The cursor responds as well..

Second, some people suggested me to use CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, I have not tried, but I will. Also this is not my problem. My problem is that the CTRL ALT DEL menu among which you can chose to turn on the task manager gives me black screen. Alt tabbing does not work with ANY software that is frozen in fullscreen, but that is normal.

On windows 7 this was not an issue. When nothing worked, ctrl alt del always worked.

On windows 10, CTRL alt deleting does not work, with some full screen applications.

erik9631, Feb 4, 2023
  3. erik9631 Win User
    CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

This is a terribly annoying problem. Whenever I play a game such as Garry's mod which is running on the old source engine and tends to freeze while joining servers, force quitting it with CTRL + ALT + DEL is completely impossible.

The issue is that whenever I press CTRL + ALT + DEL, instead of getting the menu, I get a black screen with a working cursor. The problem I think, is that the game is rendered on top of the menu, making it IMPOSSIBLE to open the task manager or perform any other action.

I noticed, that this behavior with some other games as well.

I would greatly appreciate any support. I feel like I am back in Windows 95 times, where a single frozen application forced me to restart the entire computer.

Thanks.

erik9631, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

Start menu wont load CTRL ALT Del error

my start menu wouldnt open and it was due to a font issue, i installed windows 10 default fonts and it came back now CTRL ALT Del also works.

Raven Faust, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

1. Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu. - Similar Threads - Shutdown restart are

2. Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.: I don't know what's happened but the shutdown and restart options are non existent. The only way I could shutdown was through PowerShell.I am using Windows 10 Home so I cannot do 'gpedit.msc' in Run. I tried Registry Edit and going into the policies, explorer tab but I do not...
  3. Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown and restart are missing from the start menu and Ctrl+Alt+Del menu.: I don't know what's happened but the shutdown and restart options are non existent. The only way I could shutdown was through PowerShell.I am using Windows 10 Home so I cannot do 'gpedit.msc' in Run. I tried Registry Edit and going into the policies, explorer tab but I do not...
  4. Mouseclick unresponsive on ctrl alt del menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouseclick unresponsive on ctrl alt del menu Windows 10: When I bring up the ctrl alt del menu for some reason mouse click doesn't work.Also when waking from sleep I sannot switch tabs in chrome until I right click -> show desktop.In general I find sometimes clicking on stuff just doesn't work on ex is on shutdown clicking confirm...
  5. Mouseclick unresponsive on ctrl alt del menu Windows 10

Mouseclick unresponsive on ctrl alt del menu Windows 10: When I bring up the ctrl alt del menu for some reason mouse click doesn't work.Also when waking from sleep I sannot switch tabs in chrome until I right click -> show desktop.In general I find sometimes clicking on stuff just doesn't work on ex is on shutdown clicking confirm...
  6. Mouseclick unresponsive on ctrl alt del menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Mouseclick unresponsive on ctrl alt del menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouseclick unresponsive on ctrl alt del menu Windows 10: When I bring up the ctrl alt del menu for some reason mouse click doesn't work. Also when waking from sleep I sannot switch tabs in chrome until I right click -> show desktop. In general I find sometimes clicking on stuff just doesn't work on ex is on shutdown clicking...
  8. Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?: please help me to edit this default setting to another color without selecting high contrast theme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ctrlaltdel-menu-background-supposed-to-be-black/065ce0ef-00ca-4509-b805-57f19ea509c7
  9. Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?

Is Ctrl+Alt+Del menu background supposed to be black?: please help me to edit this default setting to another color without selecting high contrast theme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ctrlaltdel-menu-background-supposed-to-be-black/065ce0ef-00ca-4509-b805-57f19ea509c7
  10. CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

in Windows 10 Support
    CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top: This is a terribly annoying problem. Whenever I play a game such as Garry's mod which is running on the old source engine and tends to freeze while joining servers, force quitting it with CTRL + ALT + DEL is completely impossible. The issue is that whenever I press CTRL +...