Windows 10: Shutdown and Restart Problem

Discus and support Shutdown and Restart Problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Asus vivobook 14. I tried to dual boot ubuntu alongside windows 10 on it. But the installation failed. After that, shutdown and Restart took way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AkashdeepSingh_2001, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Shutdown and Restart Problem

I have Asus vivobook 14. I tried to dual boot ubuntu alongside windows 10 on it. But the installation failed. After that, shutdown and Restart took way too long. For shutdown, the screen turn off but the power indicator turn off after a minute or two. And when I restart the windows first the screen turns off but then it takes a minute or two to turn back on and finally restart. I have already clean installed windows 10 updated it to windows 11. But i am still experiencing these issues. It is working fine in safe mode. Can anyone plz help.

:)

AkashdeepSingh_2001, Aug 17, 2022
  2. little cat, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Midnite8 Win User
    Cannot Shutdown or Restart W8.1

Hey guys, I am having this problem where I cannot Restart or Shutdown unless I just do a hard shutdown. I refreshed my computer and slowly installed updates while creating restore points before installing. After the second set of updates everything seemed ok but after a few, the problem showed up again. I tried to do a System Restore but it fails because I cannot Restart to complete the process.

Midnite8, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Shutdown and Restart Problem

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Shutdown and Restart Problem

1. Shutdown and Restart Problem - Similar Threads - Shutdown Restart Problem

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  4. Restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutdown: I have seen a lot of Windows users don't shutdown or restart thier PCs at least at the end of the day and that creates some of low performance or not responding to some commands. I keep telling them please restart it or shutdown so the O.S will re-arrange it's files and fixes...
  5. Shutdown and Restart Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown and Restart Problem: I have Asus vivobook 14. I tried to dual boot ubuntu alongside windows 10 on it. But the installation failed. After that, shutdown and Restart took way too long. For shutdown, the screen turn off but the power indicator turn off after a minute or two. And when I restart the...
  6. PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC restart on clicking shutdown weird problem: My laptop showed this weird problem of rebooting within 5 seconds of clicking shut down.As usual I looked up and tried to follow all possible fixes but none of them seemed to workBelow are the fixes I attempted1 Turning Off all services clean boot environment to identify...
  7. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  8. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  9. Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shutdown/restarting problems.: Hi, so whenever I shutdown my computer Start > Shutdown, fans, LEDs stay on most of the time but sometimes it turns off completely. Or, when I restart my computer Start > Restart, it doesn't restart but shutdowns. I don't know what to do, Fast Startup is turned off, all...
  10. Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons: Good morning everyone, I have an Hp running Win10 Pro. When I want to shutdown or restart, The buttons don't seem to work. I end up doing a "hard" shutdown. Has anyone experienced that and if you have, how do you fix it? Thank you in advance for any help I receive on this....