Windows 10: Shutdown and Restart Problems after Windows 10 Crash

Discus and support Shutdown and Restart Problems after Windows 10 Crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently on my Dell E5550 Laptop, Windows 10 froze and after a hard reset it was in a Windows needs to repair itself/Windows can't repair itself loop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DC0001, Jul 15, 2020.

1. DC0001 Win User

Shutdown and Restart Problems after Windows 10 Crash

Recently on my Dell E5550 Laptop, Windows 10 froze and after a hard reset it was in a Windows needs to repair itself/Windows can't repair itself loop. I attempted to restore to an automatic restore point I think there was a Windows update. It went through the motions and said restore was complete but this did not improve my situation. I deleted the boot partition and rebuilt. Then I got :

The Operating System couldn't be loaded because the digital signature of a file or one of it's dependencies couldn't be verified.

File: \windows\System32\\Drivers\sfhlp02.sys

Error Code: 0xc0000428

I renamed sfhlp02.sys and sfdrv01.sys and was able to get back into Windows and deleted these 2 files. I then did get a message that the restore point was complete in Windows. Internet searches indicate that these files are needed by Windows but they are not present on my other laptop or my desktop. ??

I ran DISM and SFC /scanow, both of which found things to fix. I ran them both again after the repairs and they found nothing further to repair.

Currently I am having a problem with shutting down and hibernating. Initially when I tried to shutdown Windows it would go through the motions but take me to the login screen instead of turning off. Choosing shutdown from the login screen would close the screen for a few seconds and then come back. I disabled Turn On Fast Startup in Power Options and shutdown through start menu worked.

When trying to Hibernate, it will turn the screen off only. Mouse keyboard/mouse movement turns the screen back on and it is right where I left off. It is not sleeping because all of the power lights are still on. It will sleep though as normal when I choose sleep through Start menu.

I tried to reset Windows through the Settings menu and clicking "Restart now" resulted in me back at the login screen. Choosing shutdown on the login in screen just caused the login screen to turn off for a couple of seconds but then come back.

Also, when Windows starts after shutdown, it is always in Airplane mode and WiFi is disabled. And the sound is always muted.

I would greatly appreciate help on getting these shutdown issues fixed so I can reset Windows.

:)

DC0001, Jul 15, 2020

2. Strange windows 10 shutdown/restart problem

Have a strange win 10 problem.

If i restart or shutdown windows,upon restart i get the following prompt:

Service started after system crash.Default configuration will be set up for you.Select yes or no.

System then loads my default settings.I can then use my computer as normal.

The system as i have stated has not crashed...it has been shutdown or rstarted by Clicking the
    Power Options and selecting Restart or
    Shut down
    in the list,from the start menu.

I have not installed any software or hardware upgrades.

I have done a virus scan ,no virus found.

This has only happened in the past 24 hrs.

Any ideas why windows is viewing restarts and shutdowns as crashes ?

KeithHampshire, Jul 15, 2020
  3. little cat, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Shutdown and Restart Problems after Windows 10 Crash

windows xp sp2 will not shutdown or restart

i guess nobody has had this problem or knows what to do lol. crap i'm screwed, just reinstalled windows and not only does it hang during shutdown from desktop, it hangs during the restarts while it's installing windows. somebody please help me

exodusprime1337, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown and Restart Problems after Windows 10 Crash

1. Shutdown and Restart Problems after Windows 10 Crash - Similar Threads - Shutdown Restart Problems

2. Windows 10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restarts after shutdown: My windows 10 keeps restarting itself after I shut it down normally. The only way to get it to shut down is with force shutdown which obviously isn't too good. I've had this issue before like a year ago but I fixed it by disabling fast startup. A few days ago I installed a...
  3. Windows 10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 restarts after shutdown: My windows 10 keeps restarting itself after I shut it down normally. The only way to get it to shut down is with force shutdown which obviously isn't too good. I've had this issue before like a year ago but I fixed it by disabling fast startup. A few days ago I installed a...
  4. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  5. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  6. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows crashes on Shutdown and Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes on Shutdown and Restarts: My Windows based PC crashes during shutdown and reboots everytime. Please guide me on how to use the EventViewer, and how infer the cause of the issue from it?Also, do I have to view minidump files? I don't know what they are. Could someone please throw some light on...
  8. Windows 10 restart after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 restart after shutdown: Hey guys. I have a problem with windows 10. My computer restarts after a few seconds of shutting down. I've been having this issue for months. I tried every fix such as turning of fast start up and running a virus scan. I am not sure if it's even a hardware or software...
  9. Windows 10 crashes after restart, but not after a shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes after restart, but not after a shutdown: I think something is wrong with my laptop mainboard, i tried different Window in different Disk but it's still crashing the same way... Can somebody help me with this please, i'm hopeless...
  10. Windows 10 Startup problem after shutdown but restart is fine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Startup problem after shutdown but restart is fine: Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional. When I restart the pc the pc boots up fine. However after a complete shutdown I loose display on the screen immediately after Windows Logo display. Then on pressing the power button once the pc shuts down. Then when I boot...