Windows 10: Shutdown and Sleep Mode

Discus and support Shutdown and Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if I put my laptop sleep mode it doesn't get wake... i Ever since I have reinstalled windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thebigbigboss, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Shutdown and Sleep Mode

Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if I put my laptop sleep mode it doesn't get wake... i
    Ever since I have reinstalled windows 10 I am having this problem that my power button remains on after I shutdown my laptop. I have unchecked fast startup option in the power settings to no avail. Now if I just open windows and close it down, the power button will be off immediately after the windows shuts down. But if I use for longer then the power button would stay on even after 10 hours. It isn't like some program is on since my hard disk is not in work. Only the power button is on.

Is this a new 'annoying' feature of windows 10 besides the powerful search 'cortana' which makes 100% disk usage?

After Creator's update windows is unbearable. Take this also as a feedback that I am thinking of switching to linux. Yes the one OS called 'cancer' by Bill Gates.

:)

thebigbigboss, Feb 7, 2020

2. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Shutdown and Sleep Mode

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

It was enabled *Big Grin Shutdown and Sleep Mode :D

So, when i go to start - shutdown and press Sleep is it in Hybrid sleep mode instead sleep?

Knoxx29, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown and Sleep Mode

1. Shutdown and Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Shutdown Sleep Mode

2. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  3. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  4. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. by giving shutdown command it goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    by giving shutdown command it goes to sleep mode: whenever I shutdown my PC, it doesn't sign out or close all running apps instead after on starting PC again it automatically opens all software. which means it goes to sleep instead of logging off and then shutting down. On 6 June 2023, I upgraded my windows 10 Laptop to...
  6. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  7. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.: Hello everyone, It's been a month since I've been trying every solution suggested, plus those I found on here in other answered topics. However, none seems to fix the waking up of the PC some 3 -5 seconds after it shutdown or goes to sleep. Finally, did a clean reinstall with...
  8. PC turns on after shutdown, sleep mode or hybrid sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Abrupt shutdown during sleep mode and hibernation

Abrupt shutdown during sleep mode and hibernation: Hey champs, need your support to fix this annoying issue with my laptop. Abrupt shutdown happens while laptop is in sleep mode due to inactivity. It even happens at times when I press power button to hibernate. While laptop is being actively used no such issue occurs. Have...
  10. sleep mode and shutdown problems

sleep mode and shutdown problems: My computer takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep mode and to shut down . I think I messed up some drivers while I was trying to fix another problem. What should I do now?...