Windows 10: Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop

Discus and support Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop doesn't go into sleep, hibernate ,or even shut down properly.when ever I shut down my laptop the screen goes black but the backlight of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rahul kumarRathore, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop

My laptop doesn't go into sleep, hibernate ,or even shut down properly.when ever I shut down my laptop the screen goes black but the backlight of keyboard is still on indicating that the laptop hasn't shutdown so I should force shutdown my laptop by long pressing the power button. Similar thing happens when I try to wakeup my laptop from sleep, the screen will be black but the backlights will turn on and I should force shutdown my laptop and start it again.Do any one know how to fix it.Hp pavillion notebook laptop

:)

Rahul kumarRathore, Apr 11, 2022

2. Shutdown and Sleep Problem

I have Windows 10 in my HP Pavilion 15 Laptop. I am not able to shutdown my laptop even not able to put my laptop on sleep mode.

Whenever, I shutdown my laptop its screen became blank and hard disk stop running while power button & Power led still show light. In that situation, I have to push power button for 3-5 second then laptop get completely shutdown.

Same situation is with sleep mode, Whenever, I put my laptop on sleep, its screen became blank and hard disk stop running while power button & Power led still show light. In that situation, I have to push power button for 3-5 second then laptop get completely
    shutdown instead of sleep.

For shutdown my laptop i have to restart my laptop and after that restart is shutdown easily. same condition with sleep, Means, I have to restart every time to make shutdown and sleep.

Please guide me to solve the problem.

LyonsBarryIncWest Bengal, Apr 11, 2022
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Apr 11, 2022
  4. erocker Win User

Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop

Laptop Shutdown Problem (HP dv2750ea)

If you are using Vista, it sets shutdown to sleep or standby.

erocker, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop

1. Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop - Similar Threads - Shutdown sleep probelm

2. Signin probelm due to multiple failed attempts or shutdowns?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signin probelm due to multiple failed attempts or shutdowns?: I am facing the issue in signin it says it is disabled due failed attempts and shutdowns . I have tried the forget pin method but stills it's not working help needed ASAP. Please if anyone knows how to solve let me know...
  3. Signin probelm due to multiple failed attempts or shutdowns?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signin probelm due to multiple failed attempts or shutdowns?: I am facing the issue in signin it says it is disabled due failed attempts and shutdowns . I have tried the forget pin method but stills it's not working help needed ASAP. Please if anyone knows how to solve let me know...
  4. Signin probelm due to multiple failed attempts or shutdowns?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop: My laptop doesn't go into sleep, hibernate ,or even shut down properly.when ever I shut down my laptop the screen goes black but the backlight of keyboard is still on indicating that the laptop hasn't shutdown so I should force shutdown my laptop by long pressing the power...
  6. Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown and sleep probelm in hp laptop: My laptop doesn't go into sleep, hibernate ,or even shut down properly.when ever I shut down my laptop the screen goes black but the backlight of keyboard is still on indicating that the laptop hasn't shutdown so I should force shutdown my laptop by long pressing the power...
  7. HP laptop won't sleep!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP laptop won't sleep!: I bought a HP 2 in 1 laptop recently. The laptop works completely fine, but whenever i close the lid or press the power button or click on sleep mode, the screen dims out for a sec and then comes back right up. I tried changing the settings a few times but nothing seems to...
  8. Sleep issue on HP laptop

Sleep issue on HP laptop: Laptop keeps going to sleep in every 5 minutes or so after doing the system recovery and upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. I changed the sleep options in power setting but it didn't help. It is really annoying and distracting. How can I fix this problem?...
  9. HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep

HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep: I replaced a mechanical HDD with an SSD in an HP 15t-n200, and reinstalled windows. When the computer tries to go to sleep the screen turns off, but the status lights remain on. Usually when it goes to sleep they flash, and the only way to get the computer to respond is to...
  10. HP laptop sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop sleep mode: Hi - Just installed Win10 on my 4 yr old HP G60535D. Now I have have to re-boot everytime I shut the lid. *Shock Played around with power settings, etc etc but no love. When I first open the lid, I can hear the computer running, a slight mechanical burp of some sort, then...