Windows 10: Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working

Discus and support Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; the Shutdown button in the Lock screen is not working. It was working fine but now when the screen is locked and I need to shut down the PC. It doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rabailalibhatti, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working

the Shutdown button in the Lock screen is not working. It was working fine but now when the screen is locked and I need to shut down the PC. It doesn't Shutdown even though i keep clicking on Shutdown. I have tried using the Cmd Commands powercfg.cpl and sfc /scannow But it did not help

Thanks in Advance

:)

rabailalibhatti, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Ztruker Win User

Shutdown using power button from lock screen

bro67, if you setup the power button to shutdown, pressing it once and releasing it is exactly the same as doing a shutdown from the Start menu. SSShadii is not pressing and holding the power button to drop power, he is pressing it once, to trigger a normal shutdown. I do it all the time and setup all my computers that way, personal and ones I sell.

Doesn't work for me from the lock screen either so it's a bug in Windows 10, as it used to work.

This was reported via feedback, I upvoted it:

Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working [​IMG]

Ztruker, Jul 18, 2019
  3. SSShadii Win User

I'm not long pressing the power button to reset it. If you set it up in settings, you can press the button once, and it triggers the standard OS shutdown (same thing if you told it to shutdown from the start menu).

That part is set up and working correctly, my problem is that the computer ignores the button press when on the lock or log-in screens.

SSShadii, Jul 18, 2019
  4. SSShadii Win User

Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working

Thanks for confirming this. I figured this wasn't right. I switched over to "Sleep" since that does work from the lock screen. I'm using a Wifi relay to simulate the button press, so I can use Amazon Echo to boot everything up and shut it down, hence the importance for the button press. Shutdown would have been preferable, but Sleep it is.

SSShadii, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working

1. Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working - Similar Threads - Shutdown Button Lock

2. Toggle on screen keyboard button on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toggle on screen keyboard button on lock screen: [ATTACH] Hi guys, like the image. I had this on screen keyboard on a windows 7 touch screen panel. And I need it to do the same on a windows 10 build. However going into the settings I only get a floating keyboard and it this one where it's integrated onto the screen...
  3. Lock screen loop on button press

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen loop on button press: One day I turned on a Windows 11 laptop and it was able to boot normally and display the lock screen.The problem is, in the lock screen when I press a button, it will not display the enter password prompt and instead loops back to the initial lock screen with the clock and...
  4. Lock screen loop on button press

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen loop on button press: One day I turned on a Windows 11 laptop and it was able to boot normally and display the lock screen.The problem is, in the lock screen when I press a button, it will not display the enter password prompt and instead loops back to the initial lock screen with the clock and...
  5. shutdown button locks pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown button locks pc: For some reason whenever I press shutdown it will just lock the PC. I already fix this concern on the control panel by choosing what shut down does to "shut down" but issue still persist please help....
  6. shutdown button locks pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutdown button locks pc: For some reason whenever I press shutdown it will just lock the PC. I already fix this concern on the control panel by choosing what shut down does to "shut down" but issue still persist please help....
  7. shutdown button locks pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. The Shutdown button in Start not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The Shutdown button in Start not working: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I have a trouble shutting down my computer. When I choose Shutdown, then the tittle "Shutting down" appear on the screen, and the screen becomes dark. But it not complete shutdown . The light on the keyboard, touchpad, ... still on. After 15~20s,...
  9. Shutdown using power button from lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown using power button from lock screen: My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen. Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function...
  10. Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns: Hello, I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped. Issue: Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown. Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds. The computer...