Windows 10: Shutdown computer without admin rights?

Discus and support Shutdown computer without admin rights? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/SilentMediator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m59os7/shutdown_computer_without_admin_rights/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SilentMediator, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Shutdown computer without admin rights?

/u/SilentMediator, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Shutdown computer without admin rights?

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Shutdown computer without admin rights?

1. Shutdown computer without admin rights? - Similar Threads - Shutdown computer without

2. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  3. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin without any admin rights: Hi, I've gotten my Asus laptop repaired back in November and I'm an Administrator but I've no admin rights whatsoever, I can't install apps or run any programs as Admin, that's very infuriating. Now, I've ni idea if it's my laptop or my account but I've tried everything, and...
  4. Admin without any admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Restart a service without admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart a service without admin rights: Trying to further secure the company network and I need to know of a way that a user can restart a software service when they don't have local admin rights? Basically part of the business uses a piece of software to print documents and sometimes this software stops working...
  6. Restart a service without admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart a service without admin rights: Trying to further secure the company network and I need to know of a way that a user can restart a software service when they don't have local admin rights? Basically part of the business uses a piece of software to print documents and sometimes this software stops working...
  7. Restart a service without admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISABLE UAC WITHOUT ADMIN RIGHTS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS IT POSSIBLE TO DISABLE UAC WITHOUT ADMIN RIGHTS?: So curently i cant dowload anything from the internet without the uac blocking me from using it . Like games and other apps, i've tried disabling it but it always asks for an admin password which i dont have or using comand prompt but it still fails.The device i'm using is...
  9. Admin rights Windwos 10 without password?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin rights Windwos 10 without password?: Good evening, For some time now I have had the problem that I cannot run some programs on my computer because of a lack of admin rights. Unfortunately I do not know the password. My father does not want to take care of it, because he does not want that I stupidly ... On the...
  10. turn off camera without admin rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    turn off camera without admin rights: I have a windows 10 laptop from work. I do not have admin rights. But I want to turn off/disable the camera. The device manager I cannot disable the driver. Can I do this in regedit? I see this Go to Start , then select Settings  > Privacy > Camera. Does this...