Windows 10: Shutdown error message

Discus and support Shutdown error message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I shutdown windows I get the following error message "the instruction at 0x8B547Areferenced memory at 0x6160067. The memory could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AWilson690, May 18, 2020.

1. Shutdown error message

Hi,

Whenever I shutdown windows I get the following error message "the instruction at 0x8B547Areferenced memory at 0x6160067. The memory could not be read". I have run a virus scan and I have also run sfc/scannow but neither have worked. It only appears to have happened since I have installed a windows update. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? I am currently running windows 10 and am up to date with updates. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AWilson690, May 18, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, May 18, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, May 18, 2020
  4. csmith740 Win User

Shutdown error message

Explorer.exe error on shutdown

Hello,

I have a new HP laptop, less than 5 months old. It has Office 365 Student loaded on it. I started getting the explorer.exe error message on shutdown about two months after I purchased the laptop.

I have tried all of the steps recommended here. And nothing has worked.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

csmith740, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown error message

1. Shutdown error message - Similar Threads - Shutdown error message

2. Shutdown error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown error: I am getting multiple warnings when I shutdown my desktop. The message is from “Task Host Windows” saying “Stopping background tasks”, but the computer does not shutdown, but does a user logout and reverts to the Windows welcome screen. The Warning Event log entry...
  3. Sudden shutdowns with a error message ,* STOP: 0x0000000A OXFFFFFFFF84OF604E,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden shutdowns with a error message ,* STOP: 0x0000000A OXFFFFFFFF84OF604E,...: My PC has been going through such break downs occasionally with this particular error message, If i restart PC, it will be error less for next couple of hours.. what is that problem , how to fix it?...
  4. Sudden shutdowns with a error message ,* STOP: 0x0000000A OXFFFFFFFF84OF604E,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden shutdowns with a error message ,* STOP: 0x0000000A OXFFFFFFFF84OF604E,...: My PC has been going through such break downs occasionally with this particular error message, If i restart PC, it will be error less for next couple of hours.. what is that problem , how to fix it?...
  5. Sudden shutdowns with a error message ,* STOP: 0x0000000A OXFFFFFFFF84OF604E,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Error message on shutdown : schtasks.exe application error. 0xc0000142

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error message on shutdown : schtasks.exe application error. 0xc0000142: I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 OS build : 19041.508 with all the latest update installed and I receive the following error message when I shutdown or restart my computer : schtasks.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142....
  7. error and then shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error and then shutdown: My laptop has shut down 2 times in the last several hours causing me to lose all of my work. It says that Microsoft has experienced and error and doesn't give me enough time to see the error code before it shuts down. How do I fix this? My laptop is only a couple of months...
  8. Critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown: I'm getting a trio of critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown: - "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." - "Windows failed fast...
  9. Memory error message on Shutdown (both as VM and REAL

in Windows 10 Support
    Memory error message on Shutdown (both as VM and REAL: Hi there doesn't *appear* to affect the running of the W10 system but I seem to get memory error message quite frequently at system shutdown. Doesn't call for a dump or anything - so I'm just ignoring --it IS a TEST system !!!. Cheers jimbo 2317
  10. Strange message at restart and shutdown...

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange message at restart and shutdown...: I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit system, updated from Windows 8.1 about two weeks ego, wired connection assigned to a workgroup. The system works just fine with one exception. At the time of restart/shutdown, the system may display the following message: "If you shut down...