Windows 10: shutdown.exe -i run as admin doesnt work (not responding)

Discus and support shutdown.exe -i run as admin doesnt work (not responding) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, for the life of me I can not figure out why I can not shut down remotely on my LAN another windows 10pro machine. I am on a windows 10 pro pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by encom45, Oct 30, 2019.

1. encom45 Win User

shutdown.exe -i run as admin doesnt work (not responding)

Hello, for the life of me I can not figure out why I can not shut down remotely on my LAN another windows 10pro machine. I am on a windows 10 pro pc and I launch shutdown.exe -I as admin and put in the pc name and select shutdown I get not responding on it and it just crashes. what can be the issue. should I turn off the windows firewall on the other machine.

:)

encom45, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 30, 2019
  4. sachind1 Win User

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. shutdown.exe -i run as admin doesnt work (not responding) - Similar Threads - shutdown exe run

2. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  3. It Doesnt work

in Windows 10 Customization
    It Doesnt work: When I try to post a comment on someones question it comes up Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-doesnt-work/9a540576-7eb7-4ee4-960e-ca863333ab5b
  4. I can't run .exe files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...
  5. Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running: I am currently having sound issues basically, my sound doesn't work no matter what I do my sound services are running, have speakers, my icon looks fine, my computer volume is up, and my speaker volume is up *Sad 122090
  6. Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound doesnt work audio service running and endpoint service running: I am currently having sound issues basically, my sound doesn't work no matter what I do my sound services are running, have speakers, my icon looks fine, my computer volume is up, and my speaker volume is up *Sad 122090
  7. RUN won't 'run' EXE files

in Windows 10 Support
    RUN won't 'run' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  8. Windows doesnt respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows doesnt respond: When i startup my laptop and click on an app or on windows button it highlights and then whole computer freezes. It doesnt respond to anything and i always have to close it by pressing the power button. It happened after i shut it down with the power button. After that it...
  9. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...
  10. windows 10 doesnt respond

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 doesnt respond: so for around the past month my windows 10 would randomly stop responding, and then i cant open windows updates,task manager or anything.. when i try to turn off the pc it will just sit in an endless loop of saying shutting down. and il have to do a hard reset. i had a bsod...