Windows 10: shutdown.exe -i run as admin doesnt work (not responding)

Discus and support shutdown.exe -i run as admin doesnt work (not responding) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, for the life of me I can not figure out why I can not shut down remotely on my LAN another windows 10pro machine. I am on a windows 10 pro pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by encom45, Oct 30, 2019.

1. encom45 Win User

shutdown.exe -i run as admin doesnt work (not responding)

Hello, for the life of me I can not figure out why I can not shut down remotely on my LAN another windows 10pro machine. I am on a windows 10 pro pc and I launch shutdown.exe -I as admin and put in the pc name and select shutdown I get not responding on it and it just crashes. what can be the issue. should I turn off the windows firewall on the other machine.

:)

encom45, Oct 30, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 30, 2019
  4. sachind1 Win User

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. shutdown.exe -i run as admin doesnt work (not responding) - Similar Threads - shutdown exe run

2. my computer doesnt respond

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer doesnt respond: I recently got Windows 11 and it has been extremely buggy. my mouse doesn't work when I'm using an app, it only works on the taskbar. the system doesn't even load fully. I tried several solutions and restarted several times but it still doesn't work, what should I do?...
  3. Laptop keyboard doesnt work after running ApplekeyboardInstaller64.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard doesnt work after running ApplekeyboardInstaller64.exe: Hello, I wanted my external Apple keyboard to work. So I followed this ****: 29 [HOW TO] Install drivers for your Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 and Windows 7 - YouTube. I did the **** that he said and then my Internal keyboard said that it used a driver without signature code...
  4. Laptop keyboard doesnt work after running ApplekeyboardInstaller64.exe

Laptop keyboard doesnt work after running ApplekeyboardInstaller64.exe: Hello, I wanted my external Apple keyboard to work. So I followed this ****: 29 [HOW TO] Install drivers for your Apple Keyboard on Windows 10 and Windows 7 - YouTube. I did the **** that he said and then my Internal keyboard said that it used a driver without signature code...
  5. Shortcut 'Run as Admin' setting not working, context menu 'Run as Admin' option works

Shortcut 'Run as Admin' setting not working, context menu 'Run as Admin' option works: I have a .exe that will only run using the 'Run as Admin' option in the context menu. This is true for either the .exe itself or the shortcut to it. In the properties for the short cut, I've given it the 'Run as Admin' permissions, running it will provide the same dialogue...
  6. Some .exe files doesnt run even though its supposed to

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some .exe files doesnt run even though its supposed to: Title. I always have this problem where no matter how many times you start the exe it loads but in the end it wont finish the installation (loading wheel comes up and thats about it, it doesnt actually run the program) any help? PS i already tried running as admin submitted...
  7. Same native EXE runs much faster as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Same native EXE runs much faster as admin: I have a native C++11 console application that reads a binary file and stores results in standard library containers. I have a timer around the portion that opens, reads, and loads these structures. The same build runs 66% faster when I run it as admin than when run...
  8. Mediacreationtool2004.exe not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mediacreationtool2004.exe not responding: Tried as administrator, to run this but the "Progress" is stuck at 0%. Tried creating an iso instead of USB stick but same problem. Is there a solution please?...
  9. Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run .exe files, cmd (admin): Hi! I tried to install a program to recover some lost pictures from an android phone. Later on some error popped up basically saying I couldn’t install the program. I’ve since then deleted the installer exe file. For some reason nothing was working so i force shutdown my...
  10. Windows doesnt respond

Windows doesnt respond: When i startup my laptop and click on an app or on windows button it highlights and then whole computer freezes. It doesnt respond to anything and i always have to close it by pressing the power button. It happened after i shut it down with the power button. After that it...