Windows 10: Shutdown hidden in all power options. Only restart and sleep show.

Discus and support Shutdown hidden in all power options. Only restart and sleep show. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am having an issue with a Windows desktop that recently switched to lacking the option to shutdown the PC. The applied GPO shows no change to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnW.5209, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Shutdown hidden in all power options. Only restart and sleep show.

I am having an issue with a Windows desktop that recently switched to lacking the option to shutdown the PC. The applied GPO shows no change to the settings, and there is no new registry entry to prevent access to the shutdown function. The only account on the PC is a local administrator. The power options show no way to re enable this access, but they do show battery based settings? and I cannot find any other way that this option could've been disabled. The primary user has no idea how this happened, nor exactly when it started.

The same PC also changed it's login screen to ask for the username now? I'm not sure these are connected, but they started at the same time.

I would appreciate any help solving these problems.

:)

JohnW.5209, Feb 26, 2021

2. Power off button gives not options i.e sleep,restart,shutdown

Hi Ken,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is highly appreciated.

I understand that Power off button does not give the sleep ,restart ,shutdown options in Windows 10.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will be happy to assist you.

Please follow the below steps to get Sleep , restart and shutdown options.

1. Click on start button to open the Start Menu

2. Click on ‘Power’ button to see Sleep, Shut down and Restart options.

Note: Now in
    Windows 10, if you’re using a desktop PC, there won’t be a start screen and Microsoft has added
    shut down, restart and sleep options
    on top of start the menu under ‘Power Options’
    button.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Ken Kuzma Win User
    Power off button gives not options i.e sleep,restart,shutdown

Your answer did not fix my problem. I am using Windows 10. When I press the POWER button I see a BLANK box i.e. no options appear. Please try again

Ken Kuzma, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Shutdown hidden in all power options. Only restart and sleep show.

Power off button gives not options i.e sleep,restart,shutdown

Your answer did not fix my problem. I am using Windows 10. When I press the POWER button I see a BLANK box i.e. no options appear. Please try again

I agree with Ken that this is an annoiying problem that seems to be created during the upgrade , in my case from 7 to 10.If you press the power button on Windows 10 , there is only an empty box.The question is how to get this fixed ?

PietZuijderduijn, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Shutdown hidden in all power options. Only restart and sleep show.

1. Shutdown hidden in all power options. Only restart and sleep show. - Similar Threads - Shutdown hidden power

2. A way to add Restart then shutdown as a power option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A way to add Restart then shutdown as a power option: I really like the option when it shows during the windows update and I would really like to have during normal use but I don't know how. It's really neat to have an option to restart and shutdown afterwards automatically, especially when I'm about to go to sleep or something....
  3. A way to add Restart then shutdown as a power option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A way to add Restart then shutdown as a power option: I really like the option when it shows during the windows update and I would really like to have during normal use but I don't know how. It's really neat to have an option to restart and shutdown afterwards automatically, especially when I'm about to go to sleep or something....
  4. A way to add Restart then shutdown as a power option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11: The start menu's sleep and restart options function as shutdown options and shut down the computer when I select them.How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sleep-and-restart-option-is-working-as-a/f067ea11-a8f8-487f-b1dd-2719d4660ff6
  6. The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11: The start menu's sleep and restart options function as shutdown options and shut down the computer when I select them.How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sleep-and-restart-option-is-working-as-a/f067ea11-a8f8-487f-b1dd-2719d4660ff6
  7. shutdown,sleep,restart is missing in start power menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown,sleep,restart is missing in start power menu: whenever i click on power button on start menu it shows there are no power option currently available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdownsleeprestart-is-missing-in-start-power/8136bb96-7481-4404-a2c7-649ff62a20dd
  8. Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep: Hello Windows Ten support, Ever since I upgraded from Windows 10 Pro v1809 to v1903 I receive a BSOD Driver Power State Failure when I restart, shutdown or sleep. My computer attempts to shutdown and after about 5-10 minutes I receive the BSOD. This problem did not happen in...
  9. System won't sleep (correctly) or shutdown--only restart

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't sleep (correctly) or shutdown--only restart: I have, for me, an unusual problem for which I've tried all the usual (and some unusual) fixes. None work. When my computer first boots or restarts, all of the normal methods (idle time, closing lid, or selecting among the power options) produce the right results: sleep,...
  10. Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.: Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running. I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop...