Windows 10: Shutdown Issue

Discus and support Shutdown Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, Recently (last 7 days approximately) my Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) installation has suddenly started hanging during shutdown. I close all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArthurDent, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Shutdown Issue

Hi folks,

Recently (last 7 days approximately) my Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) installation has suddenly started hanging during shutdown.

I close all windows, click on 'Shut Down', the process starts OK then hangs at some point. Given that W10 is running off a SSD, shut-down normally takes around 10 sec.

This behaviour seems to have started after the latest updates were installed:

2020-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64 (KB4569745)

and

2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4566782)

both of which were 'successfully installed' on 13/08/2020.

I ran System File Checker which reported that it had found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

I've also turned off Fast Startup in Control Panel > Power Options > System Settings and am now going to see if the issue is fixed.

Any further ideas?

Art

WIn 10 Pro Ver 2004 Build 19041.450

:)

ArthurDent, Aug 28, 2020
  2. little cat, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Shutdown Issue

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown Issue

1. Shutdown Issue - Similar Threads - Shutdown Issue

2. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue: Since last week, my windows is not able to shutdown/restart/hibernate or sleep. Every time I select any of these options, the screen goes black and nothing happens. The keyboard still reacts.I updated to the Windows 10 version 1004 yesterday, still no change. I have also...
  3. Stutter Issues And Slow Shutdown On Update 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stutter Issues And Slow Shutdown On Update 2004: Ever since my PC updated to 2004 (1-2 months ago) it's been stuttering on the first boot of the day and when I try to shut it down it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to shutdown, and it actually reboots instead, if I try to reboot it will take the same 3 to 5 minutes but instead...
  4. Shutdown issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shutdown issues: My mouse is still lighting after my pc shutdown. And my pc updated recently. I don't know how to fix? And one more thing i noticed battey performance geting down.if you want battery report.html file i will send...
  5. restart and shutdown issue

restart and shutdown issue: laptop with high performance with ssd . its been some months im having high restart and shutdown issue 2-5 min . but low boot time . you can speak technically . running on latest version 2004 submitted by /u/levitation_lavender [link] [comments]...
  6. Audio issues after manual/hard shutdown (as well as other misc windows issues?)

Audio issues after manual/hard shutdown (as well as other misc windows issues?): After doing a hard shut down from my PC being frozen, I arrived at my desktop but with no audio devices apparently available (bottom right corner on task/status bar has red x on speaker). I have a Soundblaster Z, which shows up in Device Manager as "working properly" but...
  7. Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown

Display calibration issue - resets to the wrong calibration after reset/shutdown: Good day fellow redditors. Ive dealt with an issue over the past few months where everytime i start my pc up, the display calibration goes out of wack and the whole screen becomes green. I have 3 monitors and this calibration appears on **all** 3 of the displays. And i...
  8. Issue with Windows 10 startup. Freezes on spinning wheel and unable to reset/shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Windows 10 startup. Freezes on spinning wheel and unable to reset/shutdown: Hi there, I'm using a dual boot setup with Windows 10 1607 LTSB and Windows 10 1909 on my PC. My PC rig is quite old: Asus P7H55 M-LX board Intel Core Xeon X3450 8GB DDR3 GTX 1060 6GB I've been able to use the LTSB version perfectlywith latest Nvidia driver without any...
  9. when i shutdown my pc it restarts windows 10 how to fix this issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    when i shutdown my pc it restarts windows 10 how to fix this issue: when i shutdown my pc it restarts windows 10 how to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-shutdown-my-pc-it-restarts-windows-10-how/a05e752b-3ea2-4bfd-b324-733ec7af1aac
  10. Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver sleep and shutdown issue.: Hello, Ive been having an issue with my pc. For the past 4 years i have been able to put the pc into sleep mode. recently my PC shuts down completely when put into sleep mode. Not only that but when it shuts down it take 10 minutes for my pc to shutdown completely instead...