Windows 10: Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key

Discus and support Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a work colleague and she shutdown her laptop as usual and the following down she powered it back on and she was presented with a BitLocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve Chung schung, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key

I have a work colleague and she shutdown her laptop as usual and the following down she powered it back on and she was presented with a BitLocker screen asking to enter in a key.

Unfortunately she doesn't have the key. Is there a way to bypass this?

Thanks,

Steve

:)

Steve Chung schung, Jan 15, 2020

2. BitLocker key asking on every reboot

Hi Jefferson,

Tnx for the reply. I had tried the same laptop with windows 10 version 1703 and 1709, in which the bitlocker encrypts the HDD perfectly fine with any issue, the problem comes when i reboot. the one with version 1703 reboots without asking for bitlocker
    key and the the one with version 1709 asks top enter the bitlocker key on every reboot.. i tried disabling and enabling the bitlocker by running this command

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -disable C:>

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -enable C:>

I had also ready that in windows 10 version 1709 changes were made in bitlocker features

Do let me know abt any updates or solutions on this.

Regards,

Akram

Akram_Farshid, Jan 15, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

Click on the start icon and type bitlocker. Click on the top entry in the list for Manage Bitlocker. In the Window that opens, turn BitLocker off. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro ver 1803, when I installed it on my laptop, encrypted the drive without asking me if I wanted it encrypted or not and I was getting the screen to enter a key after I attempted to install a second boot menu entry.

NavyLCDR, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key

BitLocker key asking on every reboot

HI Akram,

Missing a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) commands can
    affect the way your BitLocker encryption works
    . To further assist you, we suggest the troubleshooting methods in this
    Microsoft TechNet
    thread
    to help you with your issue with BitLocker always asking you for a key after rebooting.

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key

1. Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key - Similar Threads - Shutdown laptop rebooted

2. Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot: A Student lost some files on his Lenovo laptop. I tried to restore the files with "Rescuecd" based on Linux. I installed it on a USB drive.Therefore I had to disable security in the UEFI Bios in order to make the laptop boot from the USB.After finishing the file recovery, I...
  3. Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows 11 asking for bitlocker key during reboot: A Student lost some files on his Lenovo laptop. I tried to restore the files with "Rescuecd" based on Linux. I installed it on a USB drive.Therefore I had to disable security in the UEFI Bios in order to make the laptop boot from the USB.After finishing the file recovery, I...
  4. Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key: Unable to boot laptop. Blue screen asks for bitlocker key, I don't have one. Logged I to Microsoft account and clicked manage recovery keys and it is empty. Tried changing various boot options in BIOS, nothing works. Tried to.recover windows , also said not possible. Must I...
  5. Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key

Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key: Unable to boot laptop. Blue screen asks for bitlocker key, I don't have one. Logged I to Microsoft account and clicked manage recovery keys and it is empty. Tried changing various boot options in BIOS, nothing works. Tried to.recover windows , also said not possible. Must I...
  6. Blue screen ask for bitlocker key, I have no key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Whenever I shutdown the laptop, it asks for BitLocker. Again and again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I shutdown the laptop, it asks for BitLocker. Again and again: Whenever I shutdown the laptop, it asks for BitLocker. Again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-shutdown-the-laptop-it-asks-for/7115a6a7-e049-48e6-aeae-05b927a73fe3
  8. Whenever I shutdown the laptop, it asks for BitLocker. Again and again

Whenever I shutdown the laptop, it asks for BitLocker. Again and again: Whenever I shutdown the laptop, it asks for BitLocker. Again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-shutdown-the-laptop-it-asks-for/7115a6a7-e049-48e6-aeae-05b927a73fe3
  9. Laptop inaccessible after update and asked for Bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop inaccessible after update and asked for Bitlocker key: I recently tried to install a windows update on my computer. Since then I cannot access my computer as it asks me for a bitlocker key which I do not have. It will not allow me to even reset my computer. Has this happened to anyone else?...
  10. Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: My laptop has recently been stuck in a boot-loop where it keeps booting to the blue recovery menu probably because Windows is corrupted. I am unable to reset the computer as the drive is encrypted with bitlocker and I need a BitLocker Recovery Key. The problem is that I...