Windows 10: Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key

Discus and support Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a work colleague and she shutdown her laptop as usual and the following down she powered it back on and she was presented with a BitLocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Steve Chung schung, Jan 15, 2020 at 11:32 AM.

1. Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key

I have a work colleague and she shutdown her laptop as usual and the following down she powered it back on and she was presented with a BitLocker screen asking to enter in a key.

Unfortunately she doesn't have the key. Is there a way to bypass this?

Thanks,

Steve

:)

Steve Chung schung, Jan 15, 2020 at 11:32 AM

2. BitLocker key asking on every reboot

Hi Jefferson,

Tnx for the reply. I had tried the same laptop with windows 10 version 1703 and 1709, in which the bitlocker encrypts the HDD perfectly fine with any issue, the problem comes when i reboot. the one with version 1703 reboots without asking for bitlocker
    key and the the one with version 1709 asks top enter the bitlocker key on every reboot.. i tried disabling and enabling the bitlocker by running this command

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -disable C:>

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -enable C:>

I had also ready that in windows 10 version 1709 changes were made in bitlocker features

Do let me know abt any updates or solutions on this.

Regards,

Akram

Akram_Farshid, Jan 15, 2020 at 11:34 AM
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

Click on the start icon and type bitlocker. Click on the top entry in the list for Manage Bitlocker. In the Window that opens, turn BitLocker off. I noticed that Windows 10 Pro ver 1803, when I installed it on my laptop, encrypted the drive without asking me if I wanted it encrypted or not and I was getting the screen to enter a key after I attempted to install a second boot menu entry.

4. Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key

BitLocker key asking on every reboot

HI Akram,

Missing a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) commands can
    affect the way your BitLocker encryption works
    . To further assist you, we suggest the troubleshooting methods in this
    Microsoft TechNet
    thread
    to help you with your issue with BitLocker always asking you for a key after rebooting.

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 15, 2020 at 11:34 AM
Thema:

Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key

1. Shutdown laptop and then rebooted and BitLocker Screen appeared asking for a key - Similar Threads - Shutdown laptop rebooted

2. Asking for bitlocker key after switching on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asking for bitlocker key after switching on: I have a Dell laptop which is about 4-5 MO this old and just got the motherboard changed, and after switching on, it is asking for bitlocker key. I have never set up a bitlocker recovery nor do I have a key. I logged into the Microsoft account to check and it said that my C...
  3. Various Laptops Asking for Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Various Laptops Asking for Bitlocker: Hello All, Experiencing an issue with Bitlocker. Some devices at random are asking for Bitlocker recovery key to get back into the device. Each time it happens there is usually an issue when the computer boots such as the Windows PIN being deleted, or the user needing to...
  4. Bitlocker requires key on every reboot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker requires key on every reboot: Today my laptop (surface laptop 2) would not log in using face recognition, I tried using pin and password but I was unable to type anything. I did a restart. Upon restarting bitlocker asked for a key. I didn't know what bitlocker was. I was able to find my key and get into...
  5. Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot.: Hi, I have a Gateway P78 FX edition laptop, since Spring 2018 update (1803), my screen randomly shutdown (and keyboard stop responding), requiring a hard reboot, mainly when I play videos online (YouTube, Netflix, Twitch,...) but it can also happen at any other moment too,...
  6. my laptop is asking for the bitlock recovery key - where do i find this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my laptop is asking for the bitlock recovery key - where do i find this?: my laptop just loads with a blue bitlocker screen & is asking me to enter the recovery key - where is this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-asking-for-the-bitlock-recovery-key/8ddf3349-eb79-4878-be99-ca831401db27
  7. Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing: I tried to restart my laptop yesterday ......Dell 15 inch ..........purchased 27 October 2017. I received a message that I needed to enter some BITLOCK recovery keys. After about a half hour of searching on the web I found the recovery keys for my laptop. I entered the...
  8. Clearing TPM, did not ask for BitLocker Recovery key on system restart

Clearing TPM, did not ask for BitLocker Recovery key on system restart: Hi guys, I know I had been overwhelming here with all my BitLocker and TPM related questions, but hopefully this should be my final concerns. I have BitLocker full encryption enabled on my HDD. 1. Recently, I had this issue when going to the TPM.msc console and...
  9. Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login: So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and...
  10. Laptop keeps rebooting before login screen appears

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps rebooting before login screen appears: I am helping a friend who has an 8 year old laptop: MSI model MS-1738. Dual core pentium processor and 4 GB memory. When I start up the computer I see the windows logo and the circling dots for a few seconds. Next, somethings that looks like a black window with a white...