Windows 10: Shutdown my PC two weeks ago. Now when I start it up this happens. Anyone have any ideas?

Discus and support Shutdown my PC two weeks ago. Now when I start it up this happens. Anyone have any ideas? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheHammer936 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheHammer936, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Shutdown my PC two weeks ago. Now when I start it up this happens. Anyone have any ideas?

/u/TheHammer936, Apr 20, 2020

2. Program runs in background but not launching. Used to work a week ago.

Welcome to the TenForums @black

Could I suggest you re-install in compatibility mode.

I would also suggest that after installing you completely shutdown Windows by holding shift key down and clicking shutdown. This bypasses Windows 10 Fast Start up and you get a fresh start of Windows.

If your software was developed and last maintained for XP this will happen more and more. Windows and all OS are evolving for functionality and security reasons. Really old software very well will run but the vendor will be the first to say it is not supported, meaning we won't fix.

Hopefully compatibility install will give it new life.

You could also try a system restore to say a week ago. You have a handle on what you installed, could you check Windows update history and see what Windows has installed. You can influence Windows software updates and you can stop driver updates.

Caledon Ken, Apr 20, 2020
  3. PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Shutdown my PC two weeks ago. Now when I start it up this happens. Anyone have any ideas?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown my PC two weeks ago. Now when I start it up this happens. Anyone have any ideas?

1. Shutdown my PC two weeks ago. Now when I start it up this happens. Anyone have any ideas? - Similar Threads - Shutdown weeks ago

2. Why the daily MSN updates on Madonna? This happened two weeks ago!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the daily MSN updates on Madonna? This happened two weeks ago!: How do I block repetitive news from my news feed? Madonna went into the hospital 2 weeks ago and every, single day, there is a new update, only there is nothing new to be reported, only repetitive....
  3. Why the daily MSN updates on Madonna? This happened two weeks ago!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the daily MSN updates on Madonna? This happened two weeks ago!: How do I block repetitive news from my news feed? Madonna went into the hospital 2 weeks ago and every, single day, there is a new update, only there is nothing new to be reported, only repetitive....
  4. A two month ago I purchased my pc but now my pc restart when in inactivity or no use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A two month ago I purchased my pc but now my pc restart when in inactivity or no use.: A two month ago I purchased my pc but now my pc restart when in inactivity or no use. instead of getting in sleep it restart my pc. But while in use Or watching video playing games heavy editing it run smooth please help!...
  5. Some weeks ago this started to pop up when i start my pc and i don't know how to fix it....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some weeks ago this started to pop up when i start my pc and i don't know how to fix it....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Captain_Tourette [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jny45a/some_weeks_ago_this_started_to_pop_up_when_i/
  6. Anyone have any idea why this has happened.

Anyone have any idea why this has happened.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M-M3SS1AH [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0ol91/anyone_have_any_idea_why_this_has_happened/
  7. Having problems with windows, it started about a week or two ago, after an update I think,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with windows, it started about a week or two ago, after an update I think,...: Alright I don't know what happened but for several weeks prior to the main day of black screen of almost impending death, I will get to that in a bit, every night around 3 in the morning, I would loose my internet connection. It wouldn't be permanent maybe like 10 minutes...
  8. Any idea why this happens? Some weeks ago, both cmd and PowerShell cmd would do this same...

Any idea why this happens? Some weeks ago, both cmd and PowerShell cmd would do this same...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/superprokill1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7ir71/any_idea_why_this_happens_some_weeks_ago_both_cmd/
  9. Anyone have any idea how to fix this!!

Anyone have any idea how to fix this!!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tannin69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjqn7f/anyone_have_any_idea_how_to_fix_this/
  10. I have lost my dvd writer facility since an update. Was fine two weeks ago, but now is play...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have lost my dvd writer facility since an update. Was fine two weeks ago, but now is play...: I have lost my dvd writer facility since an update. Was fine two weeks ago, but now is play only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-have-lost-my-dvd-writer-facility-since-an-update/80d9c45f-557a-4ae5-b2ae-92857aa56572