Windows 10: Shutdown option doesn't work

Discus and support Shutdown option doesn't work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I click on shutdown nothing happens. The issue appeared after the recent update. Does anyone know how to fix it? submitted by /u/User202000... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/User202000, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Shutdown option doesn't work

When I click on shutdown nothing happens. The issue appeared after the recent update. Does anyone know how to fix it?

submitted by /u/User202000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/User202000, Oct 17, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Shutdown option doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 17, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Shutdown option doesn't work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Shutdown option doesn't work

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown option doesn't work

1. Shutdown option doesn't work - Similar Threads - Shutdown option doesn't

2. The windows shutdown option is not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows shutdown option is not working correctly.: when I give the shutdown option on my laptop it does not shut correctly then the laptop displays shutdown with dots retrieves the lock screen window and automatically activates flight mode too....
  3. The windows shutdown option is not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The windows shutdown option is not working correctly.: when I give the shutdown option on my laptop it does not shut correctly then the laptop displays shutdown with dots retrieves the lock screen window and automatically activates flight mode too....
  4. The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11: The start menu's sleep and restart options function as shutdown options and shut down the computer when I select them.How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sleep-and-restart-option-is-working-as-a/f067ea11-a8f8-487f-b1dd-2719d4660ff6
  5. The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11: The start menu's sleep and restart options function as shutdown options and shut down the computer when I select them.How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sleep-and-restart-option-is-working-as-a/f067ea11-a8f8-487f-b1dd-2719d4660ff6
  6. Shutdown doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown doesn't work: When I press shutdown, it just restarts back to the lock screen and says for some reason my pin is unavailable and makes me enter my password, if I try to shutdown again after this, the screen remains off but my keyboard RGB and the power button stays on. This has been...
  7. The SEARCH option doesn't work.

in Cortana
    The SEARCH option doesn't work.: Dear Sir, I hope you can help me. From a few weeks ago the "search option" of my Windows S.O. doesn't work (neither the SEARCH BOX placed on the task bar nor the "search" option avaible when you right-click on the Windowns logo). Actions taken so far: - Windows Update...
  8. shutdown -h -t xxx Doesn't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shutdown -h -t xxx Doesn't working: I'm try to use command Shutdown -h -t xxx in cmd or run for hibernate laptop. but it's doesn't working. please help (windows10) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-h-t-xxx-doesnt-working/73b2eaf0-edc3-4848-82d2-f21b2b7e2408
  9. Shutdown option not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shutdown option not working: Hey guys, I had got a problem in my laptop. When i i clikc on shutdown option my laptop was not shutdowning down. It have been a month and i was hibernating my laptop to shut down. And i also tried power off buttons and that too not workee for me. I need help from ur side...
  10. Sign-in Options doesn't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-in Options doesn't work: In Accounts, when I click Sign-in Options, that text turns darker, indicating selection, but no options appear and I can then select no other choices under Accounts. SFC /SCANNOW shows no integrity violations and my PC is up to date. Any ideas why sign-in options doesn't...