Windows 10: Shutdown option not working

Discus and support Shutdown option not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I had got a problem in my laptop. When i i clikc on shutdown option my laptop was not shutdowning down. It have been a month and i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by naservali, Nov 19, 2018.

1. naservali Win User

Shutdown option not working

Hey guys,

I had got a problem in my laptop. When i i clikc on shutdown option my laptop was not shutdowning down. It have been a month and i was hibernating my laptop to shut down. And i also tried power off buttons and that too not workee for me. I need help from ur side pls help me.

:)

naservali, Nov 19, 2018

2. no full shutdown on asus minilaptop

Hi,

The issue that you've encountered regarding the shutdown behavior of your PC is may be caused by some settings or program conflicts. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the
    Shutdown settings from the Control Panel. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel, and then press
      Enter.
    • On the Control Panel search box, type Power Options and select it from the search results.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • If the options under the Shutdown settings is grayed out, click the
      Change settings that are currently unavailable to make it enable.
    • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) and then click
      Save changes
    • Once you’re done, you may check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Shutdown option not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Shutdown option not working

1. Shutdown option not working - Similar Threads - Shutdown option working

2. The windows shutdown option is not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The windows shutdown option is not working correctly.: when I give the shutdown option on my laptop it does not shut correctly then the laptop displays shutdown with dots retrieves the lock screen window and automatically activates flight mode too....
  3. The windows shutdown option is not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The windows shutdown option is not working correctly.: when I give the shutdown option on my laptop it does not shut correctly then the laptop displays shutdown with dots retrieves the lock screen window and automatically activates flight mode too....
  4. The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11: The start menu's sleep and restart options function as shutdown options and shut down the computer when I select them.How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sleep-and-restart-option-is-working-as-a/f067ea11-a8f8-487f-b1dd-2719d4660ff6
  5. The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11

The sleep and restart option is working as a shutdown option in Windows 11: The start menu's sleep and restart options function as shutdown options and shut down the computer when I select them.How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sleep-and-restart-option-is-working-as-a/f067ea11-a8f8-487f-b1dd-2719d4660ff6
  6. shutdown option is not coming in my system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown option is not coming in my system: there is error coming while i am trying to shutown my system when i am pressing ALT+F4 this error comes and in startup also its showing no power option is available please help me with this issue...
  7. shutdown option is not coming in my system

shutdown option is not coming in my system: there is error coming while i am trying to shutown my system when i am pressing ALT+F4 this error comes and in startup also its showing no power option is available please help me with this issue...
  8. Shutdown option doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown option doesn't work: When I click on shutdown nothing happens. The issue appeared after the recent update. Does anyone know how to fix it? submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jd29pq/shutdown_option_doesnt_work/
  9. clicked shutdown anyway option

clicked shutdown anyway option: Hi I have a windows 10 system while shutdown I clicked the option "shutdown anyway" and shut it down. Now the system is not booting from past two hours just showing mouse cursor on the black screen.No windows logo is shown Any solutions provided please help me in resolving...
  10. Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly

Start Menu Shutdown or Sign Out options Not Working Correctly: When I right click on Start and select any of the options, they do not perform the actions they indicate and several are completely broken. Sign Out - Does nothing at all. Sleep - Computer sleeps, but cannot ever be woken from sleep state. It will PERMANENTLY stay in sleep...