Windows 10: Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session

Discus and support Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Community gurus, Hoping you could advise. During the outbreak, most of my teams are working from home and being offered a Windows 10 VDI remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by George S Chen, May 20, 2020.

1. Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session

Hi Community gurus,

Hoping you could advise. During the outbreak, most of my teams are working from home and being offered a Windows 10 VDI remote login on Citrix server. In my organisation, there is a token limit and therefore we are not allowed to stay in the session for too long but only carry out time card logging routine which takes about 5 - 10 minutes depending on individual operations. People who have logged in for prolong period get reported to their mangers who then advise to shorten the session as much as they can.

Some of them did get reported but mainly was because they did not disconnect the session properly, and still wondered how to disconnect the session properly without occupying the server resources.

Luckily I have never been in the list, and helped myself a quick short which runs "shutdown.exe -s -f -t 0".

This has run perfectly and my Manger did notice I was never in the reporting list and wondered how I did it.

Therefore I shared with my team with this quick shortcut, however, one of my seniors suggested that it's betters to use shutdown.exe -l -f 0

To me, his advice was to log off the session, instead of shutting down, but I wondered that in a shared virtual machine sessions, is there really difference on log off and shutdown as the shutdown command does not appear to shut the server down, but disconnecting my session so that others have more resources when needed.

Would any one be able to advise?

Thank you in advance.

:)

George S Chen, May 20, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

App on Citrix receiver not displaying properly since upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask you:

• Did you update the Citrix App after upgrading to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Check for latest update of Citrix App on Windows Store.
    • Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.
    Refer the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist please check with the developer of the app in the link below.

Citrix Support Services and Resources - Citrix

I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to help you.

Thank You.

KomouPoji, May 20, 2020
  3. windows 10 media player keeps trying to open citrix apps

Hello,

To specify which program or app opens Citrix files, please follow the steps below:

• Right-click the individual Citrix file.
    • Click Open with.
    • Choose what application you want to use to open the Citrix file.

You may also change the default file type automatically. Here are the steps:

• Click Start > Settings > System > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type.
    • Look for the Citrix receiver and choose an application.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, May 20, 2020
  4. Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session

Unable to install Citrix Receiver 4.3 on Surface Pro 3 Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to install
    Citrix Receiver 4.3 on Surface Pro 3, we will help you to resolve this issue

This issue is due to the compatibility of the app in Windows 10.

Step 1: I suggest you to check with the compatibility of the app in Windows 10.

Windows Compatibility Centre and try to install the compatible versions of the app.

Step 2: Follow the steps given below to Install Citrix receiver.

• Type Windows app store in the
      Search box from the desktop and select it.
    • Type Citrix receiver.
    • Click on Citrix receiver from Windows store and click on Install.
    I suggest you to install it in Compatibility mode on Windows 10.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Try this setting if you know the program is designed for (or worked in) a specific previous version of Windows. To change compatibility settings
    manually for a program, right-click the program icon, click Properties, and then click the
    Compatibility tab.

To change compatibility settings manually for a program, right-click the program setup file (publisher pro 22), click
    Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab. Click on
    Run this program in compatibility mode for and select the Operating System (As you prefer).

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session

1. Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session - Similar Threads - Shutdown Log off

2. User logged off or the session is locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User logged off or the session is locked?: Hi,Is it possible to identify using the event viewer or other tools if a user logged off from his workstation or he only locked the session?And if the session is locked, how can I distinguish between the user actively locked the session or if the session was locked due to...
  3. User logged off or the session is locked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User logged off or the session is locked?: Hi,Is it possible to identify using the event viewer or other tools if a user logged off from his workstation or he only locked the session?And if the session is locked, how can I distinguish between the user actively locked the session or if the session was locked due to...
  4. User logged off or the session is locked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 11 Log-On/Off & Shutdown Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Log-On/Off & Shutdown Sounds: Hi,I want to apply the log-on, log-off & shutdown sounds to my windows 11 laptop made by HP. I tried a couple of methods, but even after that, the sounds don't play when required. Is there anything you could do?...
  6. Windows 11 Log-On/Off & Shutdown Sounds

Windows 11 Log-On/Off & Shutdown Sounds: Hi,I want to apply the log-on, log-off & shutdown sounds to my windows 11 laptop made by HP. I tried a couple of methods, but even after that, the sounds don't play when required. Is there anything you could do?...
  7. WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI

WSL/Ubuntu Install on Citrix VDI: Hi, We're looking to install WSL and Ubuntu on our VDIs and I'm running into issues. I was wanting to check if anyone has successfully got this working? Our environment:AppLayering with PVS.The layers have internet access but the VDIs don't.FSLogix is used for profile...
  8. Windows shutdown;log on;log off is not hearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows shutdown;log on;log off is not hearing: I using windows 10 pro I accidentali turned off the log on;log off and shutdown sound in registry What to do? Any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shutdownlog-onlog-off-is-not-hearing/228d2cab-0c3f-4cc7-a1ef-04fb92053f83
  9. Log Off/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Log Off/Shutdown: Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left hand side of the screen. When I boot the PC and log in the other users accounts say that they are still logged in to the PC...
  10. Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off: On my computer with Windows 10 OS, I sometimes saw strange messages saying that there is other user logged in when trying to shutdown or restart the computer. It turned out that Windows 10 preserves running programs in your account and does NOT log you off when you shutdown...