Windows 10: Shutdown PC in middle update

Discus and support Shutdown PC in middle update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to help my friend. Her laptop turned off in middle a Windows update. Now when turning on the PC it is stuck in a bootloop. What i did so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Moskosns, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Moskosns Win User

Shutdown PC in middle update

I'm trying to help my friend. Her laptop turned off in middle a Windows update. Now when turning on the PC it is stuck in a bootloop.

What i did so far:

I made a bootable windows 10 USB, and I started the PC from the USB, so I could reach the Boot menu of Windows. I tried fix startup, no success. I tried uninstall previous update, no success.

Someone told me I need to delete the latest update files in CMD, but I have no idea how to make that either.

Can someone help please?!

Thanks

S.M.

:)

Moskosns, Jan 16, 2021

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Windows not updating after the shutdown in middle of installing the updates

Hi Gajanana,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the PC got Shutdown while updating and now its not able to get the updates. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you getting any error message when you check for updates?
    • What happens when you try to check for updates?
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    Note: Unplug all external devices connected to the system, restart the pc and login to the admin account to check if that helps.

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press the ‘Windows + X’ key, select
      Control panel.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press
      enter.

• Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      view all and select Windows update.

• Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Put the computer into
    clean boot state and check if the issue persists.

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Note: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program
    in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Note: Sign out from the current user account and login to admin account and
    install all the pending updates.

Keep us informed for any further queries. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Shutdown PC in middle update

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Shutdown PC in middle update

1. Shutdown PC in middle update - Similar Threads - Shutdown middle update

2. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  3. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  4. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC BSODs in the middle of hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSODs in the middle of hibernation: Sometimes, when I leave my PC in hibernation to do other stuff, It BSODs unreasonably in the middle of hibernating. The only thing it tells me is that it rebooted without a clean shutdown. Can someone tell me why now?...
  6. PC BSODs in the middle of hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC BSODs in the middle of hibernation: Sometimes, when I leave my PC in hibernation to do other stuff, It BSODs unreasonably in the middle of hibernating. The only thing it tells me is that it rebooted without a clean shutdown. Can someone tell me why now?...
  7. PC will not Shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC will not Shutdown: My newly built gaming pc wont shut down when I shut it down. The display will go out and the pc will stay on. Sometimes it will just restart when I shut it down. When I restart sometimes it’ll restart but sometimes the display will go out and the pc will stay on. I have to...
  8. PC Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shutdowns: Hello I am experiencing intermittent shutdown of my PC. These shutdowns can occur days apart, sometimes twice in one day. The PC can be running for hours with no problem before a shutdown. At times it has shutdown within a few minutes from booting. The PC automatically...
  9. PC Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Shutdown: I get this critical error id kernel 41 saying "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." time to time. I have not experienced any shutdowns or crashes when i...
  10. Windows Update Possible On A PC That's Shutdown?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Update Possible On A PC That's Shutdown?: At 03:30 this morning I shutdown this machine. Left and spent the day in the hospital until 13:30 this afternoon, Home and brought up the machine and just thought to check WD updates. How can this update be when the computer was down? [img] Or am I misunderstanding...