Windows 10: Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10

Discus and support Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I wanted ask to the community if exist a method to shutdown a pc when a specific app is closed, i need to do that after using a PC Stick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by themitch87, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10

Hi everyone,I wanted ask to the community if exist a method to shutdown a pc when a specific app is closed, i need to do that after using a PC Stick connected at a Smart TV.Thank you

:)

themitch87, Sep 9, 2021
  2. LeahG xx Win User

Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown

Hi,

I've been having trouble with a specific app that refuses to close itself when I shutdown/reboot/logoff. Forcing the app to close won't hurt it or my data, it just refuses to close at shutdown because it's poorly coded. (It's a big-name non-MS app so I won't
    name it.)

Is there any way I can make Windows ignore this app and shut down regardless?

PS: I don't want to use the AutoEndTasks reg key or anything with a similar effect because this would force close all apps, regardless of unsaved data. I just want Windows to ignore this
    one specific app.

Thanks,

Leah

LeahG xx, Sep 9, 2021
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Catper Win User

Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

yeah it works but i have another problem with this combination.

Shutdown/Restart shortcut force windows to shutdown without letting other apps to save their data, that is a bit nuisance.

for eg:

Utorrent is force closed and when i start the pc, it re-calculate all the toorents in the list even those that are already downloaded and currently in seeding state. It happens when utorrent is not closed properly.

So is there any way to NORMALLY shutdown/restart/loggoff/lock windows pc?

Catper, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10

1. Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10 - Similar Threads - Shutdown specific app

2. Shutdown when I close the lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown when I close the lid.: I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop and one day I changed the 'sleep time when plugged in' to 5 hours and now I can't sleep my laptop when closing the lid. I've reset power settings and disabled the Intel Management Engine, and almost did everything in the internet. How...
  3. Win key (close for apps?)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win key (close for apps?): is there a way to close winkey for some programs and games? (like mame, dosbox) ctrl, alt, shift, z , x keys are close to winkey so if i wrongly push the win key my game window close to taskbar and i go to desktop thanks 164862
  4. Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatically close certain apps when a specific app opens: Hello everyone, I'm trying to make it so some apps close when a specific app opens because the apps running in background take an accessive amount of memory on my computer and affect the performance of my computer. I'm thinking of a program that may be on Powershell or a...
  5. Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes: I have some apps that run some background activity and that have a serious toll on how my games perform, and I was wondering if I could automate them closing when I open a certain game and possibly reopen. Thanks submitted by /u/randomnewskills [link] [comments]...
  6. Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown: Hi, I've been having trouble with a specific app that refuses to close itself when I shutdown/reboot/logoff. Forcing the app to close won't hurt it or my data, it just refuses to close at shutdown because it's poorly coded. It's a big-name non-MS app so I won't name it....
  7. How to force close app and shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force close app and shutdown?: My windows 10 file explorer is not responding sometimes and it's been the 4th times. I don't know why. I wanted to restart explorer proces from task manager but task manager isn't working either. So I restart explorer using the restart explorer.bat file on the desktop that...
  8. when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown

when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown: hello when i shutdown my laptop it the screen become dark after 6 secs (approx) but the two led lights at the right corner of keyboard still blinks for 15 secs(approx) so shall i wait for the ligjt to stop blinking or shall i just close the lid pannel after screens goes...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart

Windows 10 doesn't close apps on Shutdown or Restart: I'm in my second day of running Windows 10 on my old computer. I've noticed that when the computer comes up after a shutdown or restart, all the windows that had been open are open again, at the place where I was. As if they'd never closed. Can I fix this? The info when I...
  10. Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.

Waiting for apps to close dialog not appearing on shutdown.: This problem has plagued my computer for quite a while now and I tested this with a few apps. I opened up Microsoft Word on my computer and then I selected "Shut down" from the Start Menu. When it displayed "shutting down," the dialog box saying "Closing apps and shutting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to shutdown windows 10 after closing the application