Windows 10: shutdown problem & display settings problem

Discus and support shutdown problem & display settings problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have two difficulties that occurred unexpectedly. The first is a shutdown problem; I was closing my computer, but when I hit shutdown, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KRINGLOG, Mar 2, 2022.

1. KRINGLOG Win User

shutdown problem & display settings problem

Hello, I have two difficulties that occurred unexpectedly. The first is a shutdown problem; I was closing my computer, but when I hit shutdown, it rebooted and opened Windows again; I tried holding my power button for a few seconds to force shutdown, but it did the same thing———— The second issue is with display settings; when I right-clicked on my computer's desktop and selected display settings, it opened settings and quickly closed, displaying this messagebox.ms-settings:display <---- messagebox"this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install

:)

KRINGLOG, Mar 2, 2022
  2. 95Viper Win User

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Mar 2, 2022
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 2, 2022
  4. Schlogi Win User

Radeon 9500pro underclocked and shutdown problems

Hi there!

My Radeon 9500pro (std. gpu/mem: 270/270) is underclocked to 150/200 and everything is fine so far. But my computer hangs everytime I want to shutdown or restart. It hangs when Windows says: Saving your settings. When I load the default profile with the default clocks before shutting down it works fine. So there must be a problem with lower clock speeds.
    I have tried using the command line tool "shutdown" instead of the windows start menu. In the settings of ATItool in "3D-Detection/Exception list..." the application "shutdown.exe" is in the list of forced applications that use the default profile with the default clocks. But this didn't help either. So it seems I can't use ATItool for my purposes.
    Someone got a clue or similar problems?

System:
    AthlonXP 2800+
    Radeon 9500pro
    Catalyst 6.5
    ATItool 0.25 Beta 14 (also tried 0.24)
    WinXP Home SP2

Thanx

Schlogi, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

1. shutdown problem & display settings problem - Similar Threads - shutdown problem display

2. Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown problem: Hello, I have this problem a few weeks ago . When I click shutdown it won't show shutdown prompt. However, after a few seconds it will shutdown showing the shutdown screen. This happened random times....
  3. Shutdown problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problems: Hi, I am having this wierd issue that when I click shutdown button the shutdown prompt will not show up. However, upon waiting for a while it will shut down showing the shutdown window. This happens frequently and can't find solution why it do so....
  4. shutdown problem & display settings problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutdown problem & display settings problem: Hello, I have two difficulties that occurred unexpectedly. The first is a shutdown problem; I was closing my computer, but when I hit shutdown, it rebooted and opened Windows again; I tried holding my power button for a few seconds to force shutdown, but it did the same...
  5. shutdown problem & display settings problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shutdown problem & display settings problem: Hello, I have two difficulties that occurred unexpectedly. The first is a shutdown problem; I was closing my computer, but when I hit shutdown, it rebooted and opened Windows again; I tried holding my power button for a few seconds to force shutdown, but it did the same...
  6. Shutdown problem on 1080p display resolution

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problem on 1080p display resolution: For anyone who has the shutdown problem in which your screen may go off moments after you click on shut down but the computer does not actually turn off for a few minutes as indicated by the power indicator light staying on for a few minutes, you may want to try and switch...
  7. Shutdown Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown Problem: Okay, I've been experiencing all kinds of problems recently. Driver problems, CPU temp problems. Anyways, hello everyone. I've been experiencing a problem with my shutdown recently. Usually, an "indicator" that the shutdown is complete is when the keyboard lights (RGB...
  8. Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown problem: Whenever i try to scan my laptop and installing game , my laptop restart showing blue screen. showing message "your pc ran into a problem and ned to restart, we are collecting some info" Did anybody know the solution??...
  9. Problem keeping display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problem keeping display settings: Display/Settings/Advance Display Settings/Advance sizing of text and other items. When I reset them, hit the "Apply" button on my Acer Aspire, everything works fine till I turn the unit off/close the cover. Next time I open the cover/start the unit, all resized items...
  10. Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown problem: Hi Suddenly over the last week my PC has gone from closing almost instantly to taking 10 to 15 minutes to shut down. Everything else is normal : boot is fast and all programs are running normally. I'm worried something is going wrong and this is the time to stop it. I tried...