Windows 10: Shutdown problem

Discus and support Shutdown problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever i try to scan my laptop and installing game , my laptop restart showing blue screen. showing message "your pc ran into a problem and ned to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rahul Banskua, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Shutdown problem

Whenever i try to scan my laptop and installing game , my laptop restart showing blue screen.

showing message "your pc ran into a problem and ned to restart, we are collecting some info"

Did anybody know the solution??

:)

Rahul Banskua, Jan 31, 2020

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 31, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Shutdown problem

PROBLEM WITH W10 SHUTDOWN AFTERR INSTALLING UPDATE

Hi John,

I understand you are having issues shutting down your pc.

We would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if this solves the problem:

• Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK .
    • Expand the following subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

• Right-click Winlogon , point to New , and then click DWORD Value .
    • To name the new entry, type GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then click Modify .
    • Under Base , click Decimal .
    • In the Value data box, type 60 , and then click OK .
    Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

If the Group Policy startup script does not run, increase the value of the GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue registry entry.

Auto-Kill All Programs at Shutdown

• Step 1: Go to “Start,” “Run,” and type regedit.
    • Step 2: Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
    • Step 3: Find the Registry Key called AutoEndTasks and right-click then select Modify. Change the value to 1.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown problem

1. Shutdown problem - Similar Threads - Shutdown problem

2. Automatically shutdown problem in Windows 10 Home @2019

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatically shutdown problem in Windows 10 Home @2019: I purchased a laptop of ASUS with Windows 10 before 4 months. from the beginning I am unable to use my laptop properly. Because during use my laptop suddenly goes shut down in batree and in power supply both. Some times it works fine for many hours but some times it suddenly...
  3. PC won't recover after sleep; must perform hard shutdown; control panel says problem with...

PC won't recover after sleep; must perform hard shutdown; control panel says problem with...: Hello PC does not go into normal sleep mode, won't recover with mouse or keyboard; blank screen. I am forced to perform a hard shutdown. Has been occurring for about a week, need help please. My control panel says problem is due to a problem with my hardware, but I have not...
  4. how to solve shutdown problem-windows 10 version 1909 installd 12/10/2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to solve shutdown problem-windows 10 version 1909 installd 12/10/2019: Since installation of windows 10 version 1909 I have experienced shutdown problems-shutdown freezes until power button is pressed for 10 seconds....
  5. Problems With Windows Shutdown.

Problems With Windows Shutdown.: An unnamed app is preventing shutdown. An assumption: It's running under SVCHOST svchost (5160,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log....
  6. Sorry because my English is poor! - The problem of Not Work Shutdown in LapTop

Sorry because my English is poor! - The problem of Not Work Shutdown in LapTop: Hello . I turn off the laptop only the screen turns black and the fan and lights are on. After 15 minutes blue screen with code = driver_power_state_failur will appear. Please help as the laptop will take a long time to shut down. My laptop is Hp ProBook 4540s. I don't...
  7. Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903

Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903: I recently installed upgrade 1903 to Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude and to my Surface 3 Professional. Since the upgrade the Dell latitude takes 20 minutes or more to fully shut down. The Surface is running fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  8. Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem: I updated to 1903, but have had to revert back to 1809 due to a shutdown issue. With 1903 installed, my desktop will not shut down, after selecting shutdown from the menu, my screen goes off but my PC remains on and I am forced to hold down the power button to get it to...
  9. PC SHUTDOWN PROBLEM!

PC SHUTDOWN PROBLEM!: Hello, i am a new windows user... i brought my pc [ DELL ] about 4 months ago.... it has WINDOWS 10 PRO op. sys. As a gamer i like to play many games.. all of them were working fine for me... but i found a problem when i installed a gaming emulator..... whenever i open...
  10. System shutdown itself and after restart two problems 1. cant log in profile and 2. taskbar...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System shutdown itself and after restart two problems 1. cant log in profile and 2. taskbar...: Hi I have Windows 10 version 1803(OS build 17134.165) As mentioned above, I got hit by both problems at same time. 1. We cant sign in to your account 2. Taskbar no response i.e. cant open settings, cant update nothing working except taskmanager and powershell Solutions...