Windows 10: Shutdown problem

Discus and support Shutdown problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have this problem a few weeks ago . When I click shutdown it won't show shutdown prompt. However, after a few seconds it will shutdown showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndreiSummerland, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Shutdown problem

Hello, I have this problem a few weeks ago . When I click shutdown it won't show shutdown prompt. However, after a few seconds it will shutdown showing the shutdown screen. This happened random times.

:)

AndreiSummerland, Aug 10, 2022

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 10, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Vinodh.V Win User

Shutdown problem

PROBLEM WITH W10 SHUTDOWN AFTERR INSTALLING UPDATE

Hi John,

I understand you are having issues shutting down your pc.

We would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if this solves the problem:

• Click Start , click Run , type regedit , and then click OK .
    • Expand the following subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

• Right-click Winlogon , point to New , and then click DWORD Value .
    • To name the new entry, type GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue , and then click Modify .
    • Under Base , click Decimal .
    • In the Value data box, type 60 , and then click OK .
    Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

If the Group Policy startup script does not run, increase the value of the GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue registry entry.

Auto-Kill All Programs at Shutdown

• Step 1: Go to “Start,” “Run,” and type regedit.
    • Step 2: Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
    • Step 3: Find the Registry Key called AutoEndTasks and right-click then select Modify. Change the value to 1.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Shutdown problem

1. Shutdown problem - Similar Threads - Shutdown problem

2. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  3. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  4. Some problems with shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some problems with shutdown: What is the meaning of...
  5. Some problems with shutdown

Some problems with shutdown: What is the meaning of...
  6. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  7. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  8. Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop I got from a guy. The hardware is like new. Shortly after starting to use, it, it started the shutdown sequence randomly. I might get one minute or 10. I restored BIOS to factory settings several times. I reset Windows 11 once and...
  9. Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop

Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop I got from a guy. The hardware is like new. Shortly after starting to use, it, it started the shutdown sequence randomly. I might get one minute or 10. I restored BIOS to factory settings several times. I reset Windows 11 once and...
  10. I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below...: Dear concern. I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below problem* My all data deleted from my desktop. * All information remove from my browser. * My all install apps become uninstall. I am seeking help urgently. Thanks &Sourabh...