Windows 10: Shutdown Query

Discus and support Shutdown Query in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I left click windows icon, left click the power icon and select 'shut down' the machine goes through the process of shutting down. After it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RichardC, Jun 16, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

Shutdown Query

When I left click windows icon, left click the power icon and select 'shut down' the machine goes through the process of shutting down. After it has been off for 5 minutes, I press the power button on the side of the monitor to start it up. I wait another 5 minutes to give windows sufficient time to load everything. I run reliability history or event viewer, either one, and it shows a critical event. Windows was not shut down properly. Windows closed unexpectedly. What causes such a reply? How do you shut down windows properly?

:)

RichardC, Jun 16, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Shutdown Query

Shutdown -i says access denied.

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in power settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "shutdown -I", how exactly have you shutdown the computer? Have you tried to shutdown the computer by typing command "shutdown -I" in the command prompt?
    • Have you tried to shutdown using power button in the Start Menu?

I suggest you to try to shutdown the computer by following below steps and check if the same issue occurs or not.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Power button and then click on Shut down.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown Query

1. Shutdown Query - Similar Threads - Shutdown Query

2. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing: my hp computer is stuck on loading screen after an update and shutdown i accidenty force shut it down because i forgot about the update moreover the update screen wasnt there so i didnt know it was updating what do i do it has been stuck on the loading sreen for the past hour...
  3. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing: my hp computer is stuck on loading screen after an update and shutdown i accidenty force shut it down because i forgot about the update moreover the update screen wasnt there so i didnt know it was updating what do i do it has been stuck on the loading sreen for the past hour...
  4. stuck on loading screen after update and shutdown and the update screen isnt showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  6. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  7. The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.: Recently I have had crashing issues with no error under The previous system shutdown at 7:05:09 PM on ‎3/‎30/‎2024 was unexpected. I do not know the reason for this and it occurs during many tasks such as Gaming, and Browsing the web. I would appreciate some help.Log name:...
  8. The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.

The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.: Recently I have had crashing issues with no error under The previous system shutdown at 7:05:09 PM on ‎3/‎30/‎2024 was unexpected. I do not know the reason for this and it occurs during many tasks such as Gaming, and Browsing the web. I would appreciate some help.Log name:...
  9. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: If <ESC> is pressed then this appears:Then appears a blue screen error that shows the stop code Inaccessible boot device. I tried startup repair, system restore, uninstall update. But nothing worked...
  10. W10 Hibernation - shutdown query

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Hibernation - shutdown query: With hibernation turned ON, the windows shutdown does not make a proper shutdown, it's still using hibernation feature - To do a proper reboot of the whole system I need to do a Restart. Is there any way to make the system work in such way, that hibernation works only when I...