Windows 10: Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

Discus and support Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, I had seen online that you could add shortcuts to your desktop to quickly shut down or restart your PC. How can I do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TechNow389, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

Hello Microsoft Community,

I had seen online that you could add shortcuts to your desktop to quickly shut down or restart your PC. How can I do this but add a time interval (30 seconds, for example) before the computer shuts down or restarts? And is it possible to create a shortcut with the "shutdown -a" command in case I accidentally press the shut down or restart button?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

TechNow389, Feb 14, 2019
  2. little cat, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can create shortcut for Shutdown, restart and sleep by following the below steps:

• First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.
    • For Shutdown type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

• For Restart type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

• For Sleep type the below command:
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

SHUTDOWN BUTTON !!

Hi,

To create shutdown button shortcut, kindly follow these steps.

• Right-click on the desktop, select New and then choose Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, enter the command for shutdown shutdown.exe -s -t 00.
    • Click Next, then type the name of this shortcut.
    • Click Finish.
    • Right-click the shortcut on the desktop, then select Pin to taskbar.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

1. Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Shutdown Restart Shortcuts

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  4. Restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutdown: I have seen a lot of Windows users don't shutdown or restart thier PCs at least at the end of the day and that creates some of low performance or not responding to some commands. I keep telling them please restart it or shutdown so the O.S will re-arrange it's files and fixes...
  5. Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown?: Windows 10 Home 64 bit running 20xx build. 2 users in the same laptop. If one user shutsdown the laptop without logging off, the next time another users goes to shutdown, it says that the other user is still logged in. So I am looking for a solution that gracefully logs out...
  6. shortcut shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shortcut shutdown: I want to put shortcut shutdown button on my taskbar.I right click on desktop to create new shortcut and in the box i typed shutdown.exe/s/t 0 and clicked next i get pop up message shutdown folder cant be found. And no matter what command i type in the box i get the same pop...
  7. Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update and shutdown actually restarted and then shutdown!: Either I missed an important update change, or I am going crazy. The idea of Windows Update shutting down, just to be greeted by the finishing update when turning the computer back on was annoying to say the least. I know there was talks about requesting the update and...
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. restart shutdown

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    restart shutdown: hello, Im just having one problem with win 10 The restart shuts down my computer and I don't have this problem on linux mint can someone point me to a solution. I have tried to turn off hibernation and it seemed to be working for a little while ,but now it just shuts down...
  10. Shutdown Shortcut

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown Shortcut: Win XP had a neat tip/trick where you could create a Shutdown shortcut and place the Icon on your desktop. To shutdown your PC, you would just click on the Icon, and voila, your PC shutdown. Does anyone know if something like this is available in W10? 96625

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shutdown shortcuts keyboard