Windows 10: Shutdown Script Not Working

Discus and support Shutdown Script Not Working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Following this article How to empty the Windows Recycle Bin automatically - gHacks Tech News I created the batch script, which works, and added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rubi, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Rubi Win User

Shutdown Script Not Working

Hi,

Following this article How to empty the Windows Recycle Bin automatically - gHacks Tech News

I created the batch script, which works, and added to Shutdown scripts via GPE.

But, it does not run at shutdown.

I have 2 accounts and 2 drives on the laptop, Local Admin and Local Standard (which uses D drive for daily usage); could it be I need to add something to the script to specify which drive and which account to use?

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. sachind1 Win User

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Apr 15, 2019
  3. sachind1 Win User

I want to run a python script on startup and shutdown of System . I am Using Windows 7 . I follows the steps given by Microsoft to run a script on startup and shutdown but that's not working in my case . Can we run a python script on startup or Only .bat
    file can be run ?

sachind1, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Shutdown Script Not Working

I follows the steps given by Microsoft to run a script on startup and shutdown.

-> What are these steps?

-> How do you invoke the Python script?

Frederik Long, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown Script Not Working

1. Shutdown Script Not Working - Similar Threads - Shutdown Script Working

2. Script not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script not working: This scripts was working normal, and suddenly it is not working, can someone please tell, same issue is with my all scripts all sudden all showing same error,$computers = Get-Content -Path E:\Newfolder\Input\List_computers.txt$password = convertTo-SecureString "123456"...
  3. Script not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Script not working: This scripts was working normal, and suddenly it is not working, can someone please tell, same issue is with my all scripts all sudden all showing same error,$computers = Get-Content -Path E:\Newfolder\Input\List_computers.txt$password = convertTo-SecureString "123456"...
  4. Group policy script on start up or shutdown

Group policy script on start up or shutdown: Hi, I have a bat script to disable Internet explorer, I have tested it and all works ok but now looking to deploy via a gpo, but not sure if I need to run in start up scrips or shutdown as the script needs a reboot to take affect?...
  5. startup and shutdown scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    startup and shutdown scripts: my computer is being deployed to and i cant find help ANYWHERE. need to know if startup scripts can help me??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-and-shutdown-scripts/0a5a1b22-cdd8-4811-9452-08970cfa80e7
  6. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  7. Powershell Script on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powershell Script on Shutdown: Hi all, I try to run a Powershell Script (*.ps1) when i shut down my PC. I created the script and it is working fine when i run it. However if i want to run it on a regular Shutdown it seems like it does not start or is not finished, before Windows is killing every running...
  8. Windows 10 Home Shutdown Script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Shutdown Script: Is it possible to run a script on shutdown on Windows 10 Home edition? Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is not available. Already tried to modify registry Execute a script a startup and shutdown Tested successfully on Windows 10 Professional but won't work on Home....
  9. PC Shutdown script does not work

PC Shutdown script does not work: Hi, I was used to run a script "at 20:30 shutdown -s" in Run.exe to shutdown my laptop at specific time in Windows 7, but in W10, it does not work. I tried to run this script in cmd.exe as administrator, but it does not work eather, because in W10 is not possible to give...
  10. Screwed shutdown script

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed shutdown script: Oh Boy, well you learn from your mistakes they say*Redface I tried to run a script at shutdown on my W10 PC that would run a RoboCopy command. That did not work so I deleted it (So I thought) I may have deleted the proper shutdown script as my PC will no longer shutdown...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpedit shutdown script not working

2. script shutdown not working