Windows 10: Shutdown Script Not Working

Discus and support Shutdown Script Not Working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Following this article How to empty the Windows Recycle Bin automatically - gHacks Tech News I created the batch script, which works, and added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rubi, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Rubi Win User

Shutdown Script Not Working

Hi,

Following this article How to empty the Windows Recycle Bin automatically - gHacks Tech News

I created the batch script, which works, and added to Shutdown scripts via GPE.

But, it does not run at shutdown.

I have 2 accounts and 2 drives on the laptop, Local Admin and Local Standard (which uses D drive for daily usage); could it be I need to add something to the script to specify which drive and which account to use?

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. sachind1 Win User

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Apr 15, 2019
  3. sachind1 Win User

I want to run a python script on startup and shutdown of System . I am Using Windows 7 . I follows the steps given by Microsoft to run a script on startup and shutdown but that's not working in my case . Can we run a python script on startup or Only .bat
    file can be run ?

sachind1, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Shutdown Script Not Working

I follows the steps given by Microsoft to run a script on startup and shutdown.

-> What are these steps?

-> How do you invoke the Python script?

Frederik Long, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown Script Not Working

1. Shutdown Script Not Working - Similar Threads - Shutdown Script Working

2. Script

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Script: Hi All, Is there any script for updating all the servers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/script/c059b854-e8d9-4542-ae11-6876910c27d5
  3. Update and shutdown isn’t working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and shutdown isn’t working: The option “Update and shutdown” actually isn’t working because when I click on it, my PC updates then reboots and stays powered until I shut it down manually...
  4. Shutdown option not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shutdown option not working: Hey guys, I had got a problem in my laptop. When i i clikc on shutdown option my laptop was not shutdowning down. It have been a month and i was hibernating my laptop to shut down. And i also tried power off buttons and that too not workee for me. I need help from ur side...
  5. Windows 10 Home Shutdown Script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Shutdown Script: Is it possible to run a script on shutdown on Windows 10 Home edition? Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is not available. Already tried to modify registry Execute a script a startup and shutdown Tested successfully on Windows 10 Professional but won't work on Home....
  6. PC Shutdown script does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shutdown script does not work: Hi, I was used to run a script "at 20:30 shutdown -s" in Run.exe to shutdown my laptop at specific time in Windows 7, but in W10, it does not work. I tried to run this script in cmd.exe as administrator, but it does not work eather, because in W10 is not possible to give...
  7. Windows 10 Shutdown Script through Scheduled task for specific time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown Script through Scheduled task for specific time: Hey all, I have been working on trying to shutdown about 21 lab computers everyday at 11pm through scheduled task with a shutdown script which is as simple as: REM Shutdown computers at 11;%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe /s /f /t 0 /c "Computer shutting down" The...
  8. Screwed shutdown script

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed shutdown script: Oh Boy, well you learn from your mistakes they say*Redface I tried to run a script at shutdown on my W10 PC that would run a RoboCopy command. That did not work so I deleted it (So I thought) I may have deleted the proper shutdown script as my PC will no longer shutdown...
  9. Shutdown script (gpedit) runs with 'Restart' but not with 'Shut down'

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown script (gpedit) runs with 'Restart' but not with 'Shut down': Dear all, I have an issue with a shutdown script that I don't manage to resolve: I wrote a .bat file script that works fine when it is clicked on. Through gpedit.msc, I added it as a shutdown script. When the computer is restarted (Power -> Restart), it works fine as well...
  10. Restart loop, shutdown works

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart loop, shutdown works: Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago. I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few days ago and as Windows was to load, the rotating dots came up as usual but seemed to take a really long time. It finally...