Windows 10: Shutdown shortcut can't use F4

Discus and support Shutdown shortcut can't use F4 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to know if it's possible to make a 2 key shortcut like Alt F4 to shutdown the computer. I can't use Alt F4 as the F4 key is mapped to screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bartjunited, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Shutdown shortcut can't use F4

I want to know if it's possible to make a 2 key shortcut like Alt F4 to shutdown the computer.

I can't use Alt F4 as the F4 key is mapped to screen share so if I dont want to use the mouse I end pressing winduws key plus x then tab down to sign out and shut down which seems a bit long winded.

TIA Bart

:)

bartjunited, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

SHUTDOWN BUTTON !!

Hi,

To create shutdown button shortcut, kindly follow these steps.

• Right-click on the desktop, select New and then choose Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, enter the command for shutdown shutdown.exe -s -t 00.
    • Click Next, then type the name of this shortcut.
    • Click Finish.
    • Right-click the shortcut on the desktop, then select Pin to taskbar.

Let us know the outcome.

Marby Rey, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can create shortcut for Shutdown, restart and sleep by following the below steps:

• First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.
    • For Shutdown type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

• For Restart type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

• For Sleep type the below command:
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jan 18, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Shutdown shortcut can't use F4

on a restart Fall Creators Update reopens apps from before

The desktop shortcut works well.

I modified it with the /hybrid switch, as this enabled fastboot to work as well.

shutdown.exe /s /hybrid /t 0

cereberus, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown shortcut can't use F4

1. Shutdown shortcut can't use F4 - Similar Threads - Shutdown shortcut can't

2. alt+f4 shortcut is not working while bot buttons are working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt+f4 shortcut is not working while bot buttons are working.: alt+f4 shortcut is not working while bot buttons are working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/altf4-shortcut-is-not-working-while-bot-buttons/18022456-4015-4a26-9670-0c8d2d7532ab
  3. alt+f4 shortcut is not working while bot buttons are working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt+f4 shortcut is not working while bot buttons are working.: alt+f4 shortcut is not working while bot buttons are working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/altf4-shortcut-is-not-working-while-bot-buttons/18022456-4015-4a26-9670-0c8d2d7532ab
  4. How to customize the ALT+F4 shutdown menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to customize the ALT+F4 shutdown menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TooLazyToBeLazy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md325d/how_to_customize_the_altf4_shutdown_menu/
  5. Disable Alt+4 shortcut (not f4)

Disable Alt+4 shortcut (not f4): Currently alt+4 is an alternative for alt+tab. How can I change or disable this specific shortcut? submitted by /u/SayAgainYourLast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k55jal/disable_alt4_shortcut_not_f4/
  6. Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown?

Shortcut to combine logoff and shutdown?: Windows 10 Home 64 bit running 20xx build. 2 users in the same laptop. If one user shutsdown the laptop without logging off, the next time another users goes to shutdown, it says that the other user is still logged in. So I am looking for a solution that gracefully logs out...
  7. shortcut shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shortcut shutdown: I want to put shortcut shutdown button on my taskbar.I right click on desktop to create new shortcut and in the box i typed shutdown.exe/s/t 0 and clicked next i get pop up message shutdown folder cant be found. And no matter what command i type in the box i get the same pop...
  8. Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu?

Is there any way to create a shortcut to the alt+F4 shutdown menu?: When you press alt-F4 on the desktop it brings up a shutdown menu. I prefer using this menu but I was wondering if there’s a way to make a desktop shortcut to it. submitted by /u/FloatingMilkshake [link] [comments]...
  9. Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shutdown/Restart Shortcuts: Hello Microsoft Community, I had seen online that you could add shortcuts to your desktop to quickly shut down or restart your PC. How can I do this but add a time interval (30 seconds, for example) before the computer shuts down or restarts? And is it possible to create a...
  10. Shutdown Shortcut

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown Shortcut: Win XP had a neat tip/trick where you could create a Shutdown shortcut and place the Icon on your desktop. To shutdown your PC, you would just click on the Icon, and voila, your PC shutdown. Does anyone know if something like this is available in W10? 96625