Windows 10: Shutdown taking over 5 minutes

Discus and support Shutdown taking over 5 minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had this issue for a while but I took sometime to figure out what was causing it. My Lenovo yoga 730 with a SSD is taking over 5 minutes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilsonCavenaghi, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Shutdown taking over 5 minutes

I have had this issue for a while but I took sometime to figure out what was causing it.

My Lenovo yoga 730 with a SSD is taking over 5 minutes to shutdown. I've tested several situations and I found about the issue with USB-C on Windows 10 1809. I have updated to 1909. In theory the issue should be resolved I'm the version 1903, but i still have the problem.

My windows shutdown pretty fast if I don't plug anything onto the USB-C ports including the power cable. It takes over 5 minutes to shutdown when I connect anything to those ports. I also tried to turn the notebook on with the power cord connected. In this case, the behavior is somehow unpredictable, I've got some normal shutdowns and some delayed. If I unplug the cord before shut the notebook down, the delay occurs.

It seems something goes wrong when I plug or unplug anything to the USB-c ports.

How can I fix this problem?

:)

WilsonCavenaghi, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Andywt Win User
    Windows 10 24GB and SSD takes 5 minutes to Boot

My i5 desktop Windows 10 Pro is taking over 5 minutes to boot--with a SSD. I have run the xBootMgr profile and it shows winlogon.exe starts immediately and for 2.50 min of the 5.83 min boot time, there is nothing--other process or disk activity going on during this period. Any suggestions has to how to determine what winlogon is waiting for?

Shutdown taking over 5 minutes ioVKD.png

Andywt, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Shutdown taking over 5 minutes

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown taking over 5 minutes

1. Shutdown taking over 5 minutes - Similar Threads - Shutdown taking minutes

2. Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file: After a recent failed windows 11 update, I was forced to get a new SSD for my boot drive as Windows refused to reload, reboot, or do anything on my old drive. Now, since I had to completely reinstall not only windows but every other program in my system, after the KB5031354...
  3. Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file: After a recent failed windows 11 update, I was forced to get a new SSD for my boot drive as Windows refused to reload, reboot, or do anything on my old drive. Now, since I had to completely reinstall not only windows but every other program in my system, after the KB5031354...
  4. PC shutdown after 5 minutes or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutdown after 5 minutes or so: After clicking shutdown button nothing happen on the computer. It will just freeze and you can cant click on anything. After couple of minutes 5 minutes is the minimum it will turn off or restart normally. If I shutdown the computer again it will do the same process. This...
  5. PC shutdown after 5 minutes or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shutdown after 5 minutes or so: After clicking shutdown button nothing happen on the computer. It will just freeze and you can cant click on anything. After couple of minutes 5 minutes is the minimum it will turn off or restart normally. If I shutdown the computer again it will do the same process. This...
  6. SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown: This only applies if I use the shutdown button to forcibly turn the computer off. If I shut it down using the interface, it turns on quickly as usual....
  7. Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen

Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen: Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen How can I speed it up? I'm using Windows 10 20H2 I have already done chkdsk, dism and sfc and no errors were found. I've also installed windows updates. 168498
  8. 5 to 7 Minutes for Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    5 to 7 Minutes for Shutdown: Ever since I installed the 2004 update, my computer takes at least 5 minutes to shutdown. I have monitored the running shutdown processes and the offending process seems to be the Group Policy Client. I don't believe I need this service, but I cannot disable it. I have...
  9. Restarting takes 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting takes 5-10 minutes: For some reason restarting takes 5 to 10 minutes. I have a i7-6700k and GTX 1070. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this that would be great. As this is really annoying. submitted by /u/JackDeezy47 [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise taking over 2 minutes to shutdown (not always)

Windows 10 Enterprise taking over 2 minutes to shutdown (not always): I realize this is possibly one of the many repeat topics about the same subject matter, but I'm at a loss. The OS on my work laptop is taking over 2 minutes to shut down. And it's not me timing it, it's the OS timing it. I've checked the Performance logs in Event Viewer...