Windows 10: Shutdown Tasks

Discus and support Shutdown Tasks in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there any way that I can get a program to run automatically when I shut my computer down?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wysneus, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Wysneus Win User

Shutdown Tasks

Is there any way that I can get a program to run automatically when I shut my computer down?

:)

Wysneus, Nov 6, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Task Host Window / explorer.exe - Application Error (on shutdown and/or restart)

Hello,

As you receive explorer.exe – Application Error on the shutdown,
    this issue might be due to corrupted or missing system files.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you get this error message while you access any particular application?
    I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Shutdown Tasks

Get message - Task Host is stopping background tasks - error messages on shutdown Windows 10 - PC will not shutdown

Hello,

I am getting the message - "Task Host Window - Task Host is stopping background tasks" - I get error messages on shutdown in Windows 10 - PC will not shutdown unless I force it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

Thank you.

dayhiker4k, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown Tasks

1. Shutdown Tasks - Similar Threads - Shutdown Tasks

2. I performed "update & shutdown last night. Now nothing but blue screen. Task bar is empty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I performed "update & shutdown last night. Now nothing but blue screen. Task bar is empty.: Turning on the PC this am I got the start screen picture, but after entering pass code it went to blue screen and task bar is empty. I finally found a way to get this far. I've restarted several times to no improvement....
  3. I performed "update & shutdown last night. Now nothing but blue screen. Task bar is empty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I performed "update & shutdown last night. Now nothing but blue screen. Task bar is empty.: Turning on the PC this am I got the start screen picture, but after entering pass code it went to blue screen and task bar is empty. I finally found a way to get this far. I've restarted several times to no improvement....
  4. I performed "update & shutdown last night. Now nothing but blue screen. Task bar is empty.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process: I am running windows 10 and have a Task Scheduler Task that runs a python script. It begins on computer startup, runs for a set amount of time in this case 30 minutes then the task tells the program to end. Typically I would not tell the task to end the python script but I am...
  6. How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process

How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process: I am running windows 10 and have a Task Scheduler Task that runs a python script. It begins on computer startup, runs for a set amount of time in this case 30 minutes then the task tells the program to end. Typically I would not tell the task to end the python script but I am...
  7. How/in what order does Windows 10 Task Scheduler shutdown a process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. "Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10

"Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10: I know there are many posts like these already.Yesterday it was pretty late at night, so I had to shut down my laptop, when all of a sudden, taskhostw.exe prevents the PC from shutting down. It didn't even say what task was it ending, it was just saying:Task Host WindowTask...
  9. "Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10: I know there are many posts like these already.Yesterday it was pretty late at night, so I had to shut down my laptop, when all of a sudden, taskhostw.exe prevents the PC from shutting down. It didn't even say what task was it ending, it was just saying:Task Host WindowTask...
  10. "Task Host Window" taskhostw.exe prevents shutdown Microsoft Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging