Windows 10: Shutdown time increases after windows update

Discus and support Shutdown time increases after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have bought HP ENVY x360 laptop last week. It was working fine but after applying windows update the shutdown time increases to 5 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GurpreetSidhu1, May 6, 2019.

1. Shutdown time increases after windows update

I have bought HP ENVY x360 laptop last week. It was working fine but after applying windows update the shutdown time increases to 5 minutes

:)

GurpreetSidhu1, May 6, 2019
  2. Weer Win User

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Weer, May 6, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Shutdown time increases after windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 6, 2019
  4. Shutdown time increases after windows update

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown time increases after windows update

1. Shutdown time increases after windows update - Similar Threads - Shutdown increases update

2. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  3. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  4. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Increased boot time after windows update

Increased boot time after windows update: Recently i upgrdaded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro edition on my lenovo legion y540 laptop which is a high end pc and has only been used for less than a year. Prior to update, the boot time was very less. But now there is a loading icon under legion symbol which goes...
  6. Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long reboot and shutdown time after updating to KB4566116: Hello, I've noticed that after updating to the optional KB4566116 Windows 10 update August 2020, that the reboot and shutdown times can become excruciatingly long, upwards of 10 minutes while the circle dots keep spinning above "Restart" or "Shutting down". Has anyone...
  7. Shutdown after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shutdown after update: Hello, After installing KB4517389 update which contains Intel drivers, my laptop (Dell Latitude E6220) shutdowns every 30 minutes. It happens too when I enter the BIOS and leave it during 30 minutes. The update has left my laptop unusable. I reinstalled Windows,...
  8. Bios time increased after new installation

Bios time increased after new installation: I've been using preview build 18262 but i recently had an issue with too many green screen errors so i clean installed windows 10 pro. I am now using the general build 17134.345 and i notice that my ssd isn't performing as it used to. Bios time increased from 5.7 to 7.3 sec....
  9. Boot time increase

Boot time increase: Hey guys, a few days ago I had to use my gigabyte's backup bios due to corruption, and now my pc takes upto a minute to boot instead of about 10-15 seconds. (stays on gigabyte screen till boot). Any ideas? 55114
  10. Sudden increase in shutdown time

Sudden increase in shutdown time: Hey all!! Newbie here, first post, please bear with me *Smile I´ve got a PC with i7-3770 K, 32 GB of RAM and SSD hard disk and Windows 10 Pro Before, when I turned off the PC, the shutdown was pretty much instantly Now, Windows closes down instantly, but then stays on...