Windows 10: Shutdown time registry setting

Discus and support Shutdown time registry setting in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have two laptops 1903 that take too long to shutdown. There used to be a registry setting set to 5000 to force a shutdown. I can not find it now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ken1943, Jun 22, 2019.

1. ken1943 Win User

Shutdown time registry setting

I have two laptops 1903 that take too long to shutdown. There used to be a registry setting set to 5000 to force a shutdown. I can not find it now. Maybe it will help. Problem not in previous version.

Can someone give me the Registry key ?

Tnx

:)

ken1943, Jun 22, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

Hi, suggestions:
    1. Disable Fast startup.
    How do I enable or disable fast startup?

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes.

2. There have been cases where an old version 3rd party program has caused settings to revert on rebooting. E.g. winzip, albeit when setting file type association defaults.
    3. Registry permissions problems.
    You could try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, selecting only the relevant registry permissions repair.

You might also compare results when working in Safe Mode.

For more: Google search
    registry change revert on reboot
    gives many results.

dalchina, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Weer Win User

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Thema:

1. Shutdown time registry setting - Similar Threads - Shutdown registry setting

2. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  3. where is settings in the registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is settings in the registry?: hi,Does anyone know where is settings in the registry? If I want to add my Microsoft 365 subscription information, try to know how to add it via the registry. No articles online stating on how to do it....
  4. EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    EnableFirstLogonAnimation Registry Setting: I have found two entries in the registry for WIN10 64bit Build 1909. The first is: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\EnableFirstLogonAnimation The second is:...
  5. setting registry settings to default

in Cortana
    setting registry settings to default: I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar is displaying correct results. I tried searching for troubleshooting and add or remove a program, but no or incorrect result...
  6. computer timed shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer timed shutdown: Hi, I need to know how to shut down and wake up my computer specific times. any and all help appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-timed-shutdown/b350c2bb-54dc-4cb3-b920-f0eca8f1b1c2
  7. Edge registry settings

in Browsers and Email
    Edge registry settings: Is there any list of registry settings for Edge? I am creating an unattended installation image for Win10, and despite the OS getting a new browser (with IE11 that still is present - wtf?), there are no settings for the answer file available. Just the old IE11 shit. I can't...
  8. Shutdown time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown time: Since the Fall update my computer takes ages to shut down. It still starts and restarts in the same time. I am using an SSD. Everything else is OK. Any advice appreciated. Thank you for looking 96983
  9. Improve startup & shutdown using registry settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improve startup & shutdown using registry settings: I'm servicing a Win10 computer that's somewhat slow at startup & shutdown: other than that it runs excellently. I had an article once that showed how to improve them with some registry settings and I had used it on a couple of other computers successfully. Does anyone know...
  10. Cortana registry setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana registry setting?: Does anyone know where is Cortana's core/MAIN settings are in the registry? Thank you! 80773