Windows 10: Shutdown using power button from lock screen

Discus and support Shutdown using power button from lock screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SSShadii, Jan 21, 2019.

1. SSShadii Win User

Shutdown using power button from lock screen

My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen.

Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function correctly? Basically I have set the computer to turn off when I push the button on the computer in Windows settings, but it doesn't respond when you press it at the lock (or login) screen.
    Thanks for your help.

:)

SSShadii, Jan 21, 2019
  2. kwinner43 Win User

Power button no longer locks screen

Originally,when i purchased my Surface pro 4 a few days ago, pressing the power button once would lock my screen. However, pressing it once now brings up the shut down screen. Are there any suggestions to fix this? Changing what the power button does in
    settings doesn't help.

kwinner43, Jan 21, 2019
  3. No power button on lock screen

I did a system restore and now my lock screen no longer has a power button. The only options I have to turn off the PC is to login to a user account and turn off from the start menu. I've looked at all the settings and cannot find a way to add the power
    button back to the lock screen.

piccolo0708, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Shutdown using power button from lock screen

No power button on lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Lets follow the below steps and check.

1.Right click on Start.

2. Click/tap on Power options.

3. Click/tap on choose what the Power buttons do.

4. Change settings that are currently unavailable.

5. Under Shutdown settings - Sleep,
    tick "Show in power menu"

I would also suggest you to try perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown using power button from lock screen

1. Shutdown using power button from lock screen - Similar Threads - Shutdown using power

2. shutdown button locks pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown button locks pc: For some reason whenever I press shutdown it will just lock the PC. I already fix this concern on the control panel by choosing what shut down does to "shut down" but issue still persist please help....
  3. shutdown button locks pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutdown button locks pc: For some reason whenever I press shutdown it will just lock the PC. I already fix this concern on the control panel by choosing what shut down does to "shut down" but issue still persist please help....
  4. shutdown button locks pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  6. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.: Please i need help. i am using a dell latitude E7270 with the windows 10 pro version installed. Before now i could easily lock my pc by pressing the power button and on display on i will be asked to unlock my pc with my password which i am very much okay with. But for some...
  7. Windows power button doesn't Lock screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. enabling physical power button on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    enabling physical power button on lock screen: I find it incredibly annoying that when one of my PCs are locked, I cant just hit the power button and leave. I will frequently try to turn off my desktop computer, late at night when the screens are off, just to realize hours later that it's still on. The only way to shut it...
  9. Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working: the Shutdown button in the Lock screen is not working. It was working fine but now when the screen is locked and I need to shut down the PC. It doesn't Shutdown even though i keep clicking on Shutdown. I have tried using the Cmd Commands powercfg.cpl and sfc /scannow But it...
  10. KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    KIOSK Mode using hardware power button to shutdown not working: We have a system require to run an UWP application in KIOSK mode and require power button to shutdown Due to security concern, there is not any input device (mouse, keyboard) allow connect to the system. User only allow to perform all the process by touch panel We already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power shutdown now

2. how to shutdown pc from lock screen

3. power shutdown

4. how to restart computer using power button windows 7 from lock screen