Windows 10: Shutdown whenever i close the lid

Discus and support Shutdown whenever i close the lid in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there! Recently (maybe after the latest Windows 10 pro,i cant recall actually) I’ve noticed that whenever i close my laptop lid, the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yalsharqi, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Shutdown whenever i close the lid

Hello there!

Recently (maybe after the latest Windows 10 pro,i cant recall actually) I’ve noticed that whenever i close my laptop lid, the windows shutdown.

I know about the power setting and it’s set up to sleep when i close the lid.

Did anybody noticed this problem? If there a fix?

submitted by /u/Yalsharqi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yalsharqi, Jun 28, 2020
  2. rmoreau Win User

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Gan_666 Win User
    Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Whenever i click shutdown on my laptop, i directly close the lid. However, the laptop sleeps instead of shutdown. The bulb icon on my laptop which indicates the laptop is sleeping tells me that the laptop did not shutdown properly. I have to open the lid
    again for it to shutdown properly. Please tell me that there's a fix to this. Thank you.

Gan_666, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Shutdown whenever i close the lid

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown whenever i close the lid

1. Shutdown whenever i close the lid - Similar Threads - Shutdown whenever close

2. XPS 17 9730 - Turning On When Shutdown and Lid Closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XPS 17 9730 - Turning On When Shutdown and Lid Closed: I recently purchased an XPS 17 9730, Windows 11.When I select 'shutdown' and close the lid, the laptop then either starts to run the fans, or, after a few minutes, turns itself back on. Sometimes both.This is 'shutdown', not 'sleep' and I have not enabled 'hibernate'.I have...
  3. XPS 17 9730 - Turning On When Shutdown and Lid Closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS 17 9730 - Turning On When Shutdown and Lid Closed: I recently purchased an XPS 17 9730, Windows 11.When I select 'shutdown' and close the lid, the laptop then either starts to run the fans, or, after a few minutes, turns itself back on. Sometimes both.This is 'shutdown', not 'sleep' and I have not enabled 'hibernate'.I have...
  4. Shutdown when I close the lid.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown when I close the lid.: I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop and one day I changed the 'sleep time when plugged in' to 5 hours and now I can't sleep my laptop when closing the lid. I've reset power settings and disabled the Intel Management Engine, and almost did everything in the internet. How...
  5. Can closing laptop lid cause improper shutdown?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can closing laptop lid cause improper shutdown?: I'm seeing improper shutdowns in event viewer daily on my parents' new laptop, yet Dad reports no crashes. He likes to have it "shutdown" on lid close. I do see in the event viewer Xbox/Halo crashing, and Dad does say it takes a long time to quit the game. But it does seem...
  6. Close a lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Close a lid: When I try to change my lid options in my laptop, it says "some settings are managed by your system administrator". But the problem is that I am already logged in as the administrator. What can I do to fix this other than reinstalling windows. The laptop model that I am...
  7. Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?

Why does my laptop shutdown when I close the lid?: Why does my laptop always shutdown when I close the lid? I always have to restart my work and it is super annoying.[ATTACH] These are my settings....
  8. WHENEVER I CLOSE THE LID AND REOPEN IT THE DISPLAY DOESN'T COMEBACK ON

WHENEVER I CLOSE THE LID AND REOPEN IT THE DISPLAY DOESN'T COMEBACK ON: I set the "close the lid" option to "do nothing" and whenever i close the lid even for few seconds and reopen it .. i can see the backlight in my screen .. but it doesn't display a thing unless I restart my computer. I just bought my computer Asus: Ryzen 5 3550h AMD...
  9. when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown

when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown: hello when i shutdown my laptop it the screen become dark after 6 secs (approx) but the two led lights at the right corner of keyboard still blinks for 15 secs(approx) so shall i wait for the ligjt to stop blinking or shall i just close the lid pannel after screens goes...
  10. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?: Hi, I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved. Any suggestion ? Regards 67302