Windows 10: Shutdown Windows 10 goes to white screen and locks if Excel open

Discus and support Shutdown Windows 10 goes to white screen and locks if Excel open in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Computer does not indicate that an excel file is still open. When I select shutdown at the bottom left, Windows 10 tells me a program is still open,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Schwalbach, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Shutdown Windows 10 goes to white screen and locks if Excel open

Computer does not indicate that an excel file is still open. When I select shutdown at the bottom left, Windows 10 tells me a program is still open, but if i select the CANCEL box or hit my Escape button, Windows makes the screen turn white and stays that way. It seems to only do it with excel, but that could be because excel is one of the primary programs I use. It seems like sometimes it has a file open but there is no indication in the task bar.

:)

Schwalbach, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 18, 2020
  4. dbzx12r Win User

Shutdown Windows 10 goes to white screen and locks if Excel open

Lock Screen Not Locking

Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no security. Also, when the screen times out it wont lock when a key is pressed to turn it back on, rather it just goes straight back into the desktop. I've looked through all the setting regarding the lock screen and sleep settings and haven't had any luck. Any suggestions?

-Cheers

dbzx12r, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Shutdown Windows 10 goes to white screen and locks if Excel open

1. Shutdown Windows 10 goes to white screen and locks if Excel open - Similar Threads - Shutdown goes white

2. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file: Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an excel file on my laptop.I thought it might be an account issue but if I open the Excel application not a file it opens fine and I...
  3. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file: Hi there - I have an issue where windows explorer whites out and freezes and creates an endlessly swirling blue circle every time I try to open an excel file on my laptop.I thought it might be an account issue but if I open the Excel application not a file it opens fine and I...
  4. Windows Explorer whites out when opening excel file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen Goes to lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen Goes to lock: Whenever i put my laptop in sleep mode for a while, after turning it back on the screen displays locking and I have to turn it back on from shut down . How can I fix it , It didn't happened before but its quite often nowadays....
  6. White line shows on the bottom of windows 10 lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White line shows on the bottom of windows 10 lock screen: There a like a 1 pixel tall white line at the bottom of my screen, but I only see it in the lock screen. submitted by /u/Ryan3xx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaoudb/white_line_shows_on_the_bottom_of_windows_10_lock/
  7. Windows 10 Photos - Opens white screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Photos - Opens white screen: Hello! When I try to open an .mp4 video with the Photos app, only a white screen is displayed, but we have the sound. With Films and TV app, I have a black screen. However it works with VLC. My Windows is up-to-date. No issues with other apps. What can I do? Thank you!...
  8. White lock screen background issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    White lock screen background issue: My lock screen has a plain white background for some reason. I've tried switching it multiple times to different images in the lock screen settings with no change. When I hit enter on my lockscreen and go to the password entry screen I DO see the correct background. [img]...
  9. screen goes white while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes white while gaming: Whenever I am gaming I accidently press a combination of buttons and the screen pauses.i can see a picture of the game on the background and my cursor turns into a cross.What is that? 91338
  10. white screen before lock screen appears

in Windows 10 Support
    white screen before lock screen appears: I had a major cumulative system upgrade to my windows 10 home laptop 2 days ago. Since then when the laptop wakes from sleep (lift the laptop lid) I get a brief white screen before the lockscreen appears. This did not happen before the upgrade. Can the white screen be...