Windows 10: Shutdown

Discus and support Shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys Over the last few months, when I switch on my computer in the morning 9 times out of 10 it shuts itself down twice within the first 15 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Limpopoboy, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Shutdown

Hi Guys

Over the last few months, when I switch on my computer in the morning 9 times out of 10 it shuts itself down twice within the first 15 minutes of turning it on. All then is okay until the following day.

Occasionally very occasionally I either have no problem or it shuts itself down in the middle of the day but this is once in a blue moon.

I have looked and asked every conceivable issue through a virus, malware, and programs logs but nobody seems to be able to sort the problem. Can you guys help me?

Regards

:)

Limpopoboy, Jul 3, 2019

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 3, 2019
  3. little cat, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Shutdown

unexpected shutdown

Pavan N

the shutdown has only happened once I will take steps you suggested if it happens again thanks for your help

brianduggan, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Shutdown

1. Shutdown - Similar Threads - Shutdown

2. No text display in shutdown script output since Windows 10 1903 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No text display in shutdown script output since Windows 10 1903 upgrade: Dear All, I am using Windows 10 32bit Professional on my home PC. I have configured a shutdown batch script (.cmd) via group policies that checks whether a system backup is necessary and eventually executes it. Additionally I have configured group policies such that the...
  3. Kernel-Power shutdown event ID 41 issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power shutdown event ID 41 issue: What is causing the Kernel power event shutdown? happen 3-4x now... Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 7/20/2019 3:20:23 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)...
  4. Random shutdowns by Windows 10

Random shutdowns by Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps making random shutdowns. It says it needs to collect some info & will then restart itself for me,. That is as much as I can read before it shuts down. Win10 does this at random times, sometimes while I am playing a game, watching a video & when working on...
  5. How to auto shutdown after installing a windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to auto shutdown after installing a windows update?: Hello i'm going to sleep and I want to know how to auto shutdown my PC after windows update is complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-shutdown-after-installing-a-windows/56d20ce2-1d71-4cd7-98ea-eec195c75998
  6. The Shutdown button in Start not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The Shutdown button in Start not working: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I have a trouble shutting down my computer. When I choose Shutdown, then the tittle "Shutting down" appear on the screen, and the screen becomes dark. But it not complete shutdown . The light on the keyboard, touchpad, ... still on. After 15~20s,...
  7. Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Shutdown Button in Lock Screen Not Working: the Shutdown button in the Lock screen is not working. It was working fine but now when the screen is locked and I need to shut down the PC. It doesn't Shutdown even though i keep clicking on Shutdown. I have tried using the Cmd Commands powercfg.cpl and sfc /scannow But it...
  8. Kernel root trap error on laptop shutdown

Kernel root trap error on laptop shutdown: Hi there, I have been having kernel root trap error when I am shutting down my laptop after updating to Windows 10 version 1903. It indicated that fltmgr.sys has failed but the error would not occur if I press shut down from the lock screen after it reboots automatically....
  9. Windows 10 shutdown question

Windows 10 shutdown question: Hi. My question. If i shutdown Windows 10 by menu pc itself going to sleep. But if i have later unplug all power cords and cables from pc,and boot pc again it will resume from sleep? Power unplug doesnt matter? 136843
  10. Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage

Windows 10 Laptop does not fully shutdown after long usage: My Problem: So as the question states I am having problems when shutting down my laptop, windows does shutdown but the light on my power button stay on, on until the laptop is drained of battery or until I force close by holding power button. My laptop is HP Pavilion...