Windows 10: Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

Discus and support Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok so I'll try to clarify as much as I can. When I ''Shut down'' either I'm holding ''Shift'' or not. It signs out but I can Still hear fan and Power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BoiledEgg, May 29, 2019.

1. BoiledEgg Win User

Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

Ok so I'll try to clarify as much as I can.

When I ''Shut down'' either I'm holding ''Shift'' or not. It signs out but I can Still hear fan and Power Led is on, even after couple of hours... it can goup to 12...

For Shutting it down Completely, I have to hold Power Button for couple of seconds.

Here's what I did so far;

1. I Disabled Hibernation into BIOS
    2. I did ''powercfg.exe /hibernate off''
    3. I checked in Settings, System , Power and Sleep and look for ''Fast Startup '' option to check it off. (But the option wasn't there). P.S. I did the troubleshoot on 2 pcs, 1 HP Laptop and 1 Gateway Desktop and both didn't have the option and it seems that over web that this option solves the problem most of the time.
    4. I've wasted boiled eggs *Sad

Any Hints?

:)

BoiledEgg, May 29, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does) :confused:*Mad Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does) :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, May 29, 2019
  3. Taz100420 Win User
    Kasperskys shutting itself off

I awoke this morning to a error message saying that kasperskys has encounter a error and shuts off, then I restart and about 10 mins later does it again. any suggestions?

Taz100420, May 29, 2019
  4. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

Windows 10 Pro (fully updated) will not shut down properly

Hi Chayan,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How exactly are you shutting down the computer? Is it from Start menu?
    • Did you try shutting down by pressing and holding the power button?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the computer settings?
    • Did you plug any external device to the computer?
    I would like to inform you that it is bit difficult to pin point on the exact reason behind the issue unless we get the answers for the questions asked above.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to press and hold the power button and check if the computer able to shut down completely.

If the issue persist try unplug plug the charger\power cord from the power source and check if the issue persists, this may also arise due to any fault in the power source.

If the above steps doesn’t work, I suggest you to check if the fast startup option is enabled.

• Access control panel by right clicking on the Start menu.
    • Choose Power options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do and check if it is enabled.(Disable it if enabled)
    Please let us know if you are able to shut down the system properly after following the above steps. If the issue persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

1. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does) - Similar Threads - Shutting Down Doesn’t

2. Shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down or restart: Occasionally when I try to shut down or restart after an update I get this message. I tried going to Task Manager and ending process. Doesn't change anything. It doesn't happen all the time. How can I stop it, kinda annoying.Please Adviseleahcimj...
  3. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  4. Restart + Shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart + Shutting down: Hey guys, nice to see you. I have problem with windows restart and shut down. Everytime I try to restart or shut down my PC from windows menu it stuck on restarting / shutting down screen.And I need to force restart/shut down from the physical button on the Pc case. I cant go...
  5. PC not fully shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC not fully shutting down: When I shut down my computer, my monitor loses signal but my pc stays on and doesn't fully shut down. This forces me to shut it down using the power button on the case, which I don't like doing cause I've heard it can cause harm. I have tried updating my graphics card...
  6. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/martin_m_n_novy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwclnn/shutting_down_doesnt_fully_shut_down_windows_10/
  7. windows 10 shuts down fully unexpectitly

windows 10 shuts down fully unexpectitly: my pc randomly shuts down I have all settings correct form earlier help still doing this full shut down. windows 10 1909 all updates. on the preview channel. hp probook 6665b...
  8. PC does not fully shut down.

PC does not fully shut down.: Hi all, I've got an odd situation that I haven't been able to find a solution. As of a couple of days ago, when I click on my PC to shut down through the start menu, *Windows* will shut down, but my hardware seems to remain active. This does not happen all the time though,...
  9. pc not fully shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc not fully shutting down: i recently built my new computer but everytime i shut down the gpu and fans and monitor doesnt shut down, only windows. when i try to restart to download drivers (i had to download them on an existing computer) when it starts to turn back on its just a black screen so i have...
  10. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows doesnt fully shut down 10