Windows 10: shutting down intermittantly

Discus and support shutting down intermittantly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wellsjennings, Dec 8, 2018.

1. shutting down intermittantly

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 12/8/2018 11:54:41 AM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: Familyroom
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-12-08T19:54:41.339379200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>272</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Familyroom</Computer>
    <Security UserID=XXXX
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

any ideas on this problem?

:)

wellsjennings, Dec 8, 2018

2. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Dec 8, 2018
  4. shutting down intermittantly

Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

shutting down intermittantly

1. shutting down intermittantly - Similar Threads - shutting down intermittantly

2. Dual monitor setup intermittent shut-down when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual monitor setup intermittent shut-down when gaming: I have a X570 Auorus Master motherboard with a Rizen 9 5950X processor. Graphics card is a Nvidia 3090 Ti and system RAM is 64GB.I have 2 identical monitors same manufacturer/model both connected through the display port connectors. They are both set to 2560 x 1440 resolution...
  3. Dual monitor setup intermittent shut-down when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor setup intermittent shut-down when gaming: I have a X570 Auorus Master motherboard with a Rizen 9 5950X processor. Graphics card is a Nvidia 3090 Ti and system RAM is 64GB.I have 2 identical monitors same manufacturer/model both connected through the display port connectors. They are both set to 2560 x 1440 resolution...
  4. Dual monitor setup intermittent shut-down when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  7. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

8. Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows intermittently shuts down after entering Sleep Mode: Hi all, Recently over the past few weeks my computer hasn't been able to enter sleep mode properly. I've got a bit of a strange PC build, which I'm sure is partly to blame, but seen as the problem is only fairly recent I'm not sure how to diagnose or begin to find out what's...
  9. Proline Laptop Intermittent Shut Down

Proline Laptop Intermittent Shut Down: My laptop Proline P 1642X shuts down after about 2 minutes of signing in on Windows 10. Could it be a laptop problem or a Windows problem? I’ve reset the PC but problem persist. Is this PC model a 64 bit or 32 bit?...
  10. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"