Windows 10: Shutting down laptop during Update installation?

Discus and support Shutting down laptop during Update installation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I dont mean when the part of the update installation is right after a shutdown or a restart when your notified Configuring Windows Updates -Do Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Shutting down laptop during Update installation?

I dont mean when the part of the update installation is right after a shutdown or a restart when your notified Configuring Windows Updates -Do Not Shutdown your PC message.

I am referring to any updates that are installing from the Windows Update settings control panel. Before I even get a Restart notification.

Reason Im asking, because I regularly shutdown my laptop after each use and my update settings are set to automatically download and automatically install.

So without me having to check in the Update settings on what is currently installing, and then shutting down my laptop, will the installation continue the next time when I turn On my laptop?

:)

win10freak, Jan 25, 2021

2. Cannot shut down laptop after installing Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Which anti-virus program are you using?
    • Which Windows 10 version are you using?

For now, I suggest you to shut down the computer using command and check if you are able to shut down.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt (Admin).

• Type shutdown /s and press Enter.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 25, 2021
  4. niko084 Win User

Shutting down laptop during Update installation?

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Shutting down laptop during Update installation?

1. Shutting down laptop during Update installation? - Similar Threads - Shutting down laptop

2. laptop shutting down during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop shutting down during startup: I had just found my old laptop, and I decided to reset it because I remember it was pretty slow, I thought it had a virus it kept spamming k. When I had come back it had shut down. so I turned it back on and went through the setup. I tried to open it up and access windows....
  3. laptop shutting down during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop shutting down during startup: I had just found my old laptop, and I decided to reset it because I remember it was pretty slow, I thought it had a virus it kept spamming k. When I had come back it had shut down. so I turned it back on and went through the setup. I tried to open it up and access windows....
  4. Laptop shuts down during startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down during startup: The laptop started restarting all of a sudden couple of days ago.I did factory reset but it did not work.My battery is dead but while plugging in same problem occurs.What should I do next?...
  5. Laptop shuts down during startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shuts down during startup: The laptop started restarting all of a sudden couple of days ago.I did factory reset but it did not work.My battery is dead but while plugging in same problem occurs.What should I do next?...
  6. Laptop shuts down during startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop shuts down during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shuts down during update: My mom's laptop started an automatic update. It got to 17% then shut down and never restarted. I forced a restart and it started the update at 8%. It might get 1% further, then shuts down again. When we turn it back on it's trying to do the update, so can't do anything else....
  8. Laptop shuts down during installation of Windows 10

Laptop shuts down during installation of Windows 10: Hey Guys! Now I know that this question was asked many times in many different versions, but I feel like mine is more exotic, I also just have not found an answer to my question. Now I have an old HP laptop, which has slowed down significantly, so I wanted to clean it all...
  9. Laptop Shut Down During Update

Laptop Shut Down During Update: I was running the latest update for Windows 10 but didnt realise my laptop Dell Inspiron 55-5578 wasn't plugged in. Last I checked, the update got to around 30% before the laptop died. I tried turning it back on a few times, but only got to the automatic repair page. From...
  10. Laptop shuts down during Windows 10 installation

Laptop shuts down during Windows 10 installation: Okay so I'm trying to upgrade the Windows 7 on my laptop to Windows 10 and it keeps shutting down every time AFTER the download is complete. It shuts down on its own and when I start it again, I have to re-download the entire thing and it shuts down at the exact same point...