Windows 10: Shutting Down Laptop while booting

Discus and support Shutting Down Laptop while booting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saadchadu, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Saadchadu Win User

Shutting Down Laptop while booting

Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am using windows 11 beta right now i will attach an image about the version details. and after booting i cannot use my keyboard so i use onscreen keyboard and type one or two letters then my keyboard will work perfectly. And i will attach a video link here link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1guWhzBmiE82IfH3A3Uu_8_gYlpV_SHd

:)

Saadchadu, Jan 23, 2022
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 23, 2022
  3. laptop won't shut down anymore

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

What happens when you try to shut down? Do you receive any error?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then try to shut down.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Shutting Down Laptop while booting

1. Shutting Down Laptop while booting - Similar Threads - Shutting Down Laptop

2. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  3. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  4. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  5. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My laptop shuts down while booting by just showing the acer logo and the laptop boots again...

My laptop shuts down while booting by just showing the acer logo and the laptop boots again...: My acer laptopaspire 5733 running windows 10 automatically shuts down by just showing the acer logo while booting the laptop. After 1 second it automatically starts again and same thing happens. This process continues until I remove the battery from it. I am not able to run...
  7. Shut down while in standby?

Shut down while in standby?: Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really loud!!! I know how to sort it but need to restart or turn it off......
  8. Issue while shutting down laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue while shutting down laptop: Hello, I recently from past 4-5 day have started facing an issue with my laptop. When I shut down my laptop, it now stays on for over 10 minutes white light on the right side stays on. I mean that that the screen gets off but sometime i can hear the sound of the fans...
  9. Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using

Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using: Hi, My Dell Laptop was shutting down unexpectedly while using. In the event viewer, it is showing, Kernel-Power. I'm posting the Log. I tried updating my drivers, but still the problem is not resolved. Please help me. Log Name: System Source:...
  10. Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.: I was playing a game and then the computer suddenly restart, again and again after booting up and even while booting up. I already unchacked the automatic boot up setting in msconfig before because it happened already. But now, it happened again. I even try the bootrec...