Windows 10: Shutting Down mode.

Discus and support Shutting Down mode. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Toshiba laptop is locked in the Shutting Down mode. I have tried to reboot it into the Safe =e Mode but none of the windows or "R" buttons work. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gregbetza, Sep 21, 2020.

1. gregbetza Win User

Shutting Down mode.

My Toshiba laptop is locked in the Shutting Down mode. I have tried to reboot it into the Safe =e Mode but none of the windows or "R" buttons work. I can only shut it off but when I put it back on , the same Shutting Down screen appears. Windows 10 installed.

:)

gregbetza, Sep 21, 2020

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Computer in sleep mode shuts down open programs

When your computer is in hibernate mode, does all your programs have been shut off or closed? May we know what's the specific program that you use? Let's try to reset Power schemes. Please follow the steps below:

• Right on Start button, > select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

• When finished, close the command prompt then reboot your PC.

Keep us updated with results.

Carlo Fer, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Shutting Down mode.

Computer Shuts Down When Woken From Sleep Mode

Hi,

To help resolve your issue, we suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1:Run
    power troubleshooter

• On the search bar,type
      “Troubleshooting”

• Click
      “View All”
      on the left panel.

• Click
      Power,a new window will popup.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Safe mode

Check if issue persists in safe mode. To go to safe mode, follow these steps:

• Open Run Command (Windows
      button +R)

• A dialog box will open, type
      msconfig.

• Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.

• Restart Computer.

Note:Follow
    the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system.

Method 3: Clean boot

If the issue does not occur in safe mode, kindly check in clean boot. To place your computer in clean boot, refer
    to this
    link

Note:
    Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to
    reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    “ to reset computer as usual.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Shutting Down mode.

1. Shutting Down mode. - Similar Threads - Shutting Down mode

2. Windows 11 shuts down in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 shuts down in sleep mode: Hello. I am using Dell Latitude 7390 with Windows 22H2 OS Build 22621.1702. Windows system is fully updated among with all drivers via Dell Support Assist software. The problem is that when I put my PC into sleep mode - it shuts down. Things I tried:1. Power option ->...
  3. Windows 11 shuts down in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 shuts down in sleep mode: Hello. I am using Dell Latitude 7390 with Windows 22H2 OS Build 22621.1702. Windows system is fully updated among with all drivers via Dell Support Assist software. The problem is that when I put my PC into sleep mode - it shuts down. Things I tried:1. Power option ->...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer shuts down while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down while in sleep mode: I have an HP All-in-One 24 computer with Intel Core i5 . Recently, when I put the computer into sleep mode, later during the night the computer shuts down. I have also found that the computer does not go to sleep even though I have set the PC to sleep after 30 minutes. The...
  8. PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC shutting down in sleep mode unexpectedly!: Windows 10 Pro | Version: 20H2 | Build: 19042.630 I am having a problem with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 - PC runs fine until putting it to sleep, it is shutting down unexpectedly when I put it in sleep mode. After 3-4 seconds of sleep, it just unexpectedly shut down. Windows Event...
  9. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"
  10. System shuts down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...