Windows 10: Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

Discus and support Shutting down of Laptop after windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Evening, Why is it that every time Windows 10 updates on my laptop, it keeps cutting off until it eventually stops for itself? Technically it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DiandreRoopchand, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

Good Evening,

Why is it that every time Windows 10 updates on my laptop, it keeps cutting off until it eventually stops for itself?

Technically it doesn't shut down but it goes to sleep.

Diandre

:)

DiandreRoopchand, Nov 14, 2018

2. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Nov 14, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Shutting down of Laptop after windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 14, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

n-ster, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

1. Shutting down of Laptop after windows update - Similar Threads - Shutting down Laptop

2. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  3. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  4. Laptop shuts down during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shuts down during update: My mom's laptop started an automatic update. It got to 17% then shut down and never restarted. I forced a restart and it started the update at 8%. It might get 1% further, then shuts down again. When we turn it back on it's trying to do the update, so can't do anything else....
  5. Laptop shutting down randomly after update

Laptop shutting down randomly after update: Hi I was wondering if the community could help me out on this one, I have a Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop. Before feature update 20H2 everything was working fine and dandy like it was supposed to. I install the update 20H2 and after that my PC starts having...
  6. Laptop Shut Down During Update

Laptop Shut Down During Update: I was running the latest update for Windows 10 but didnt realise my laptop Dell Inspiron 55-5578 wasn't plugged in. Last I checked, the update got to around 30% before the laptop died. I tried turning it back on a few times, but only got to the automatic repair page. From...
  7. Computer shutting down after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutting down after updates: My windows 10 computer is shutting down after it updates. I have to turn the computer off manually and back on again to get it to boot up. What's happening and is there a way to fix this...
  8. After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down

After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down: after installing the latest update, my laptop wont stay powered on. Most of the time i power it up and it turns off after a few seconds. Sometimes it will show the MSI logo and go a little further, but it still powers off. It made it to the “windows is installing...
  9. Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update: Since updating Windows last week, my laptop will consistently shut down a couple minutes after being turned on. The screen goes black and then the power and hard drive activity light turn off, which suggests it has shut down but when I power it back on all programs are still...
  10. Windows 10 shut down after updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 shut down after updating: I've never enjoyed this before, but after Windows 10 updated, it shut down. That's a newbie for me. Is there a simple way for me to reverse that and have the computer simply reboot as before after the update? 101800